Herbs

im just wondering, because most people don't realise how helpful they can be. I mean some are able to help cure cancer, and others for simple things like the cold or a sore throat. :m:

People much rather take pills instead of embracing nature. I need Ginko Biloba.

Actually many drugs come from nature, just given at a much stronger and purer dosages. Also many drugs are much better then anything nature will ever provide.

Originally posted by WellCookedFetus
Also many drugs are much better then anything nature will ever provide.

But nature provides drugs in the first place;)

Originally posted by WellCookedFetus
Nature does not provide all drugs, many are totally synthetic.

You missed the joke....ultimetly their material comes from the nature.

in some cases even those were synthesized.
The ones for medical use? No. Yes, some atoms have been synthesized, but most have a very short half life, and don't exist outside nuclear reactors...I know you know that. So what are you trying to accomplish?

You are correct though, all atoms are inorganic until they are incorporated into organic molecules by plants and other primary producers, at least this is the case in nature.

HSAP: Which healing powers exactly? Some herbs will kill you. I'm still amazed that people take Valerian... soon you'll be able to get Jimson Weed supplements.

I have no doubt that some plants have useful properties, but many herbs are just minor irritants and probably only serve to draw the attention of your body's immune system to the fact that you are sick.

There used to be some Homeopaths on this site who advertised Homeopathic remedies, but that's not quite the same thing as you're talking about (I hope).

Back