Help Please!!

As this is clearly a homework question I would hope/expect that no one answers the question for mean_sofia89. It would be much more useful to guide him/her to the answer rather than simply give it.

To that end I can heartily recommend “DNA from the Beginning”, an online genetics tutorial from Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. It is a fantastic multi-media teaching tool that covers both molecular and classical aspects of genetics. For this specific question the subsection titled ‘Genetic Organization and Control’ will provide the answer.

http://www.dnaftb.org/dnaftb/

Science is fascinating and inspiring (I made it my career!:D) but can be overwhelming if you struggle with some of the basic concepts. Just keep breaking down problems into simple pieces that are easier to understand. In this case, ask yourself: What is DNA? What is a chromosome? If you can answer these two questions then you can answer the question as to how they relate to each other.

And the single best advice of all time is……

Try explaining/teaching concepts to other people. By attempting to teach someone else you will discover your own knowledge gaps as you need to understand something in order to teach it.

Science is fascinating and inspiring (I made it my career!:D) but can be overwhelming if you struggle with some of the basic concepts. Just keep breaking down problems into simple pieces that are easier to understand. In this case, ask yourself: What is DNA? What is a chromosome? If you can answer these two questions then you can answer the question as to how they relate to each other.

And the single best advice of all time is……

Try explaining/teaching concepts to other people. By attempting to teach someone else you will discover your own knowledge gaps as you need to understand something in order to teach it.

Thanks for the advice!!

Back