help me

YJ Park

Registered Member
Describe how Peter, Paul, and/or John give us insight and understanding into the nature of God, of humankind, and of the reality we live in; as well as our standards of morality and ethics; and the Christian's hope for eternity.

or

A comparison of the basic Christian worldview with Buddhism?

Last edited:
this may not be helpful, but the Bible isn't terribly helpful as far as current understanding of reality goes.

don't get me wrong. it is an EXTREMELY insightful historical text. whomever wrote it were very bright people (their wisdom still carries through multiple translations). but it is limited, if only by time.

for moral guidance the Bible fantastic; i agree with most of it myself. but don't depend on it to answer questions you "really" want the answers to.

john, paul and ringo have given me just as much insight into the nature of nature as have the saints.

Describe how Peter, Paul, and/or John give us insight and understanding into the nature of God, of humankind, and of the reality we live in

Very little, if any. You'd gain a better understanding from Aesop and Grimm.

ellion said:
john, paul and ringo have given me just as much insight into the nature of nature as have the saints.

I agree, they should be made saints, but don't forget the other one, I can't remember his name

YJ Park said:
A comparison of the basic Christian worldview with Buddhism?
the comparison between christianity and buddhism, is hard as it depends on what sect of the 34,000 different christian sect and which worldview.
as there are about 75% of the adults in the U.S. for instance are christians. some religious christian groups are more strict.some christians believe that one has to be "born again" to be thought of as christian. These difference worldviews between the christian sect causes much confusion. they each believe themselves to be the right one. so, depending on the sect, means a different worldview.
there are over 350 million buddhists, and it's a lot easier to show there world view.
they recognizes the existence of “supernatural” or god-like beings, but do not believe God is omnipotent.
they believe creation and time goes in a circle, endless(rebirth).
they believe if you've lead a good life there is the possiblity of putting out the flame of rebirth and obtaining nirvana.
thus life as a buddhist, does seem a lot less complicated.

however my life is even less complicated.

Back