help me with my possible future career

Popestar

Registered Member
i want to pursue a career in studying life of animals..not how they live necessarily, because what i don't want to do is sit in a forest all day studying dears and bears and there habitats (stuff we already now)..i want to study where they came from and there adaptations...i want to discover and study new forms of life such as deep see fish and insects...help research and find stuff we don't know

this is a form of biology I THINK...i would like to know what this kind of field it is called (like ____ biology??) and what kind of courses i should be taking throughout my school year and what i should be trying to learn about and just general pointers for a career in this kind of field...and what the name of a field like this would even be called..

i am a sophomore in high school i have had bad grades and have struggled with drugs before and various other bad situations but have found my way out and want to finally find myself a future in the world. this is really really a huge motivation for my future and i am being very serious when i am posting this

thank you for all of your time in advance.

Well if you are into deep sea animals, marine biology would a way to go. This falls into the greater field of zoology. Science in general, however, is about things we do not know (yet), so even studying known animals is about getting ideas about aspects hitherto unknown. Essentially, if you want to persue a career in biology you have to realize a few things:
1. you are getting underpaid and you get paid later than in most other jobs
2. working hours are invariably longer and if you go into the field (as many zoologists do) the working conditions can be uncomfortabel
3. there is no guarantee that you can actually make a career. This depends on a variety of varibles, including your abilities, but also for instance on current funding situations. Zoology often does not get funded very well.

The main (and possibly only) reward of such a career is that you do what you (hopefully) are interested in).
So in general it would be best for you to read some text books of the respective fields and then make up your mind. About no one can give you a sensible advice at this stage.

Back