Help a pagan explain Catholic Sacramentality to an atheist?!

chimpkin

C'mon, get happy!
Registered Senior Member
My friend in college just messaged me in a high dudgeon...she can't understand sacramentality and has a paper due on it Real Soon Now...

She goes to church but doesn't really believe...and her statements of
"This just makes no f'ing sense!!!!!!" is leading me to believe she's...possibly a natural atheist who hasn't quite defined that yet.

Ah, I'm a pagan, and I don't get Catholicism either, and how they view sacredness as some sort of papal monpoly...I tend to think sacredness is everywhere and all over the place.

Can y'all explain the concept? not asking you to do her homework, but I don't understand how to explain it in terms that she'd understand, being an atheist and all...so that she can understand what her Catholic college wants and get an ok grade.

Why she had to go to this school, I dunno...:bugeye:

I've never understood it either, but then, the RCC is notorious for pulling shit out of their ass that makes no sense.

I think a sacrament is a vestigial cultural form that is actually derived from paganism. Pagans use various drugs to have transcendent experiences. When the Catholic Church was trying to recruit the pagans, they incorporated some of their traditions and changed them subtly to adapt to Christianity.

Back