Hell

never

Banned
Banned
I think it's interesting that the Bible spoke of Hell as a place that was "under us" and "real firery" before humanity could ever have known about the earth's core. Discuss?

Last edited:
I could nitpick about your apostrophe usage but I'd rather ask why my question is ludicrous to you. Am I missing something?

never said:
I think it's interesting that the Bible spoke of Hell as a place that was "under us" and "real firery" before humanity could ever have known about the earth's core. Discuss?
That's because this is Hell:

HinnonVal.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gehenna

~Raithere

Well,

Since to the ancients everything that was up was heavenly and everything of the earth was base, all that was left was down, and they knew caves were nasty places with bats and such. Why do you think demons and devils have bat wings?

Your question seems to imply that you think there may be some connection between the fact that the bible says that hell is down and hot and the earths core is also down and hot.

The bible also says that the stars are in a firmament of some kind and that heaven is full of light when space is actually mostly black and void.

And picking on punctuation in a forum like this will just mark you as an ass.

The bible also says that the stars are in a firmament of some kind and that heaven is full of light when space is actually mostly black and void.
No one's right ALL the time! =]

not in communist russia! capital letters are pigs that want only to oppress and destroy the righteous working people. end the bourgeoisie of the capital letter over the working class lower case!

superluminal said:
Nice! I didn't know of that genesis of the concept. Cool!
Doesn't seem like such a bad place to spend eternity, does it?
I think I'm going to enjoy it. ;)

~Raithere

never said:
you dont think people knew,saw volcanoes in action way back then?
and without having any scientific knowledge,
wouldnt that make them think somethings awfull down there?
so they thought hell and on the other hand sky looked nice and with comfy fluffy pillow like clouds,it sure look like heaven.
thats would be my guess anyway

The ancients knew, probably from mining, and from observing volcanoes, that there was something very hot down there. If you go down say 1000 meters, things get really hot, at least thats what I heard on the National Geographic show.

Back