Heart Problem?

Agent Smith

Registered Senior Member
Well not long ago their was a stethoscope in my house and i decided to check my pulse and etc.
The results were kinda disturbing, first i have a pretty irregular heartbeat, 2nd my resting rate is 94 bpm! My blood pressure is okay......but does this mean that im not supposed to play sports or run because i might overexert my heart?

Hmm you aren't old and 94 is very high for your age. I suggest you have it checked. You could have irregular heart beat (your heart skips beats).

yeah. though self-checking is often known to involve an irregular pattern (because you are thinking about youtr heart beat, it changes), 94 is a bit crazy.

It really should be closer to 60bpm, though. Some deep sea divers can get theirs down to 4 bpm. my range is between 37 in meditation and 89 during exertion. so for yours to be at 94bpm at rest is worrysome. ask a doctor to verify.

Hopefully you just miscounted, or were counting the secondary sound (remember that the heart goes "Thump-dump", that's one beat, not two.)

Looks like it is in the 90's some members in my family checked. I also remember also running in school doing the pacer ( a fitness program, you run to the other side of the gym at the beep but every 10 beeps it gets faster.) I ran about 80 times and my heart rate was 230 BPM! But at my last physical, which was less then a year ago, my doctor didnt report anything unusual.

For your age your heart rates are abnormally high. 230 in exercise is a bit much even for athletes...you are a human being..not a hummingbird

4 bpm lol.. the lowest resting heart rate is something like 26-28 bpm..
smith: 230 bpm is very high.. for men to calculate there max heart rate your suppose to take 220-your age.. so like 220-20 years old = 200 max heart rate... so yours is very high i would go get it checked out...

Back