Hear about the amasing cow/human hybrid!

dinokg

Registered Senior Member
According to some shows and books a scientist put his dna in a cow egg after taking out the cow dna.

But the dna of the cow egg membrane itself couldn't be removed.
So the animal born would be 99% human and 1% cow. And the creature would be a 99% clone of the scientist. (Because the 99% of the dna was from the scientist.)

The egg cells reportedly multitplied 5 times before the experiment was terminated.

This reportedly happened before Dolly the sheep was cloned and was partially but not totally covered up by the company that financed the experiments.:eek:

Read this thread here. It is a very good possibility that this was not released because it's not true. Even with the knowledge of cloning we possess today, there are still hurdles with cloning primates that we cannot yet overcome.

However, it says that the cell allegedly multiplied 16 times, which would mean that the problem described in the Nature article wasn't occurring.

I would like to see a paper written by Dr. Cibelli about his findings before I believe it.

You mean the DNA from the cow mitochondrion could not be removed? This is normal in that clone animals (people to) have the mitochondrion of the donor of the egg and the nuclear DNA from the original copy (who the clone is from).

The mitochondria dosnt really do much other than act as a powerhouse. It dosnt determine what a creature looks like or behaves. All it would determine would be how fast you burn oxygen.

Might mess up somebody's body chemistry but it wouldnt cause them to grow horns and "moo".

What if you had cheeta mitochondria? They burn oxygen many times faster than a human being.

Or even better mitochondria would be easy to engineer, what if they are the first feature used in making designer baby: Super powerful mitochondria making humans that can run a mile in under 2 minutes or do a hundred chin-ups without getting tired, of course the respiratory and circulatory system would need to be revised to provide enough oxygen for these turbo charged ATP factories. Without changing anything else but the mitochondria we could probably at best increase human endurance by 10-20%.

Have you heard about artifical red blood cells?

Supposedly when they are developed they will allow someone to hold there breath for hours!:eek:

If this was combined with improved Mitochondria it would increase the amount of time you could hold your breath even more!

Imagine some things that could be done with this technology.
You could have super small amounts of oxygen for space travel, little or almost no oxygen for undersea exploration.(Because you would have dolphin and whale like breathing ability!):D

Last edited:
Looking at the company webpage (under old press releases) it states ‘As a result, the human body cell is rejuvenated and returned to a primitive state. The primitive cells can be cultured in sheets in the laboratory and potentially be differentiated into specific types of cells and tissues.’ It seems they were trying to use if for skin grafting and things not for cloning of a cowman –a patent has been awarded.

minotaur......

Well, I bet that even though that 'odd' specimen lives, it cannot stay long, just like most abnormality...

I'm just speculating here, but I would imagine that it's got nothing to do with the number of mitochondria per cell. Cheetas can run *really* fast, but only for very short bursts followed by prolonged periods of rest and recovery. I would think that it's got more to do with the number of muscle fibres and their type, tendons, ligaments, amount of glycogen storage in the liver etc etc. It's a question of 'sports physiology' rather than mitochondria.

<small>but i may be wrong.</small>

Back