Hardly argued contradiction

hockeywings

Don't dance without music
Registered Senior Member
Simple, God is greater than can ever be conceived, well genesis says on the first day, blah blah blah, on the second day blah blah blah, well considering god is all powerful and all knowing, what in the hell took him so long to make things, I can conceive of something which is greater, somone who made everything in an instant!

Originally posted by hockeywings
Simple, God is greater than can ever be conceived, well genesis says on the first day, blah blah blah, on the second day blah blah blah, well considering god is all powerful and all knowing, what in the hell took him so long to make things, I can conceive of something which is greater, somone who made everything in an instant!

I answered your question in post "GOD". Remember about the timlessnes?. Take a look if ya like It does explain it in some way that days are for us humans. God is not like us. Unfortunatley most of the people try to consider him like human, a mortal a man. But that is just what they have been taught in schools and churches. Not their fault thou.

***I can conceive of something which is greater, somone who made everything in an instant!***

Why would you consider that to be greater?

Different, yes, but greater?

Just curious.

I answered your question in post "GOD". Remember about the timlessnes?. Take a look if ya like It does explain it in some way that days are for us humans. God is not like us. Unfortunatley most of the people try to consider him like human, a mortal a man. But that is just what they have been taught in schools and churches. Not their fault thou.
Alright, but if he has timelessness then it wouldnt be possible to interfere with us at different times, because time is not an object to him, make sence?
Why would you consider that to be greater?

Different, yes, but greater?

Just curious.
Who would be better, a runner with a faster time or a slower time?

but the runner who slowed down will have more strenght to beat up the winner (maybe even kill him:) )

nothing to do with my "religious" beliefs, just like to argue now:D

Hockeywings

The Bible
Qu'ran
Bhagvat Gita
ad nauseam

God is greater than all of these conceptions thereof.

All holy texts are mere reductions of the idea of God, and work toward the illegitimacy of the idea of God.

The reduced God is an expression of fear.

The God that simply is represents an expression of everything.

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

And so on, and so forth ...

... until you're sick of it. In this case, ad nauseam points to the sickening plethora of theological reductions asserted as reality in religious texts.

It usually makes a point in lieu of ad infinitum, which, as it seems, implies an endless list.

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

so would the ad mean "to the point of" or does it just happen to be the case with these two examples?

Back