• Hoo-hah

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Tiassa

Let us not launch the boat ...
Valued Senior Member
Court Rules Life Begins at Conception (MDN, 4.26.1995)

It occurs to me that my daughter is one year old, according to Missouri Law, in the next eighteen hours. I don't know if I should get a cake and presents; I don't know what to call today.

Any suggestions?

I guess I could always get drunk and listen to Crack Sabbath records.

To make it a political topic, I ought to include the historical note that I was not involved in the original "decision" to complete the pregnancy. As an editorial note, I don't care. Sure, as a matter of formal propriety, I would have liked to have been consulted, but in the end I would have handed the decision right back to her; it is, after all, a woman's right.

For a counterpoint, I might point to a friend of mine, who is absolutely enchanted by Emma Grace. He, too, left that decision to a woman to whom he pledged honorable conduct at least. She chose an abortion, and he has even gone so far as to express regret at the decision. But there was no way he could in good conscience force a coked-up, self-obsessed all-around-great-friend-but-I-wouldn't-want-to-date-her woman to go through with an unwanted pregnancy. The choice to leave it in her hands is as much a choice as the choice to bang her in the first place. It was, ethically, the right thing for him to do. But when he looks at my daughter, he looks like a man who remembers a best friend from days almost forgotten. A human conscience is a thing of beauty, but so is death or warfare if you look at it just so. He lives in a country where one is free to have a conscience. Rarely does life present a chapter so simply poetic as this, but I've watched it. Sometimes I think he tortures himself with conscience simply because he can, and it's his one known opportunity to really lay himself out for something legitimate. Everybody tends to stand on the streetcorner and pray; at least his show is worth watching.

Two cents, whatnot.

Happy ... something, Emma Grace. Happy life-day. Er ... Happy Missouri-Says-You're-Alive-Day. Happy Happy-to-not-be-Aborted Day. Um ... was there ever a question? I mean, sure, your mother was not thinking straight when we invited you, but it doesn't change the fact that we're both so glad you made it. Happy something, baby. Happy Happy.

:m:,
Tiassa :cool:

You remember when the conception happened...? That's... er... how can we call... interesting...:D (Maybe make a pool for that too...:D)

Happy Life for your daughter... :)

EDIT: My choice is just "Happy Life" instead of "Happy Life-Day". ;)

the consept of "viability" is stupid cause its subjective

the only black and white times are birth and conception

you cant abort at birth so we take the other one which bans abortion compleatly

(note i am not against abortion in cases of rape or if it endangers the mother)

Back