Halos?

cyberia

Lounge Act
Registered Senior Member
Hi, i've been experiencing something that could perhaps be of note recently.
If i'm watching people i can see a faint sort of Halo or outline around their entire bodies.
Its not very big but at times its very distinctive. Some people have stronger Halos than others, and something (object; inanimate) have these as well.
They aren't shadows, because well they just don't follow the physics of light.
Has anybody heard of anything like this or would be able to tell me more about it?

Wow that is the first time i have heard of that....if you're not joking then wow it seems you can see the good inside of them but i highly doubt it. It may be just your eyes playing tricks on you....at rain time if you look at the clouds you could see a bright lining around them...i guess that's maybe what you're seeing there;)

Well if it’s a glow around the whole body usually it’s called an aura, not a halo, as for what’s causing it, I’d say it’s probably your eyes playing tricks on you, or you playing tricks on us, or maybe just you playing tricks on yourself because you’re really bored.

Halo, by the was was a big dissapointment, and should have been released on the PC, as origionaly intended, instead of Microsoft's heX-box.

Well i described it as a halo cus I didn't know how else to describe it...
the descriptions I've heard of Auras are all colourful or something...
maybe I'm just weird...

But try it... Look at someone, your hand or a person against a solid surface (wall, etc,) and kinda just let your eyes unfocus,
I see what looks like a thin colourless halo of ___

try it and see if it works for you?

Now what you are mentioning sounds like a optical illusion and nothing more....it could be that your eyes are just more sensitive to it than most people;)

Well of course there's a sort of "aura" around things when you look at something up close and let your eyes go unfocused, that's called blur! Without my glasses on everything looks like that all the time, in fact the world has no edges at all!

erm... I don't really know what exactly I'm talking about... it could be any number of things.

I came up with a theory:
Perhaps I'm seeing radiated heat?
Similar to the effect of seeing reflected light off a hot street during the summer...

or maybe I just need glasses...
However I somehow doesn't think this is so because it doesn't affect or influence any other range of vision or the depth or anything... and its only seen on certain people or objects... not all people or objects...

and its even more distinct if I close one eye and try it so I don't think its anything to do with the way depth is perceived..

*shrugs* Thanks all...

|Re:

I've seen them... around one or two people preaching, not everyone... although, I think I had a tendency to think it was my eyes playing on me.. great to see I'm not the only one who can achieve that.

If you notice the 'halo' as being somewhat stronger/larger or more distinct arround the head and neck area as well as varying in colour. This doesn't mean shifting in briliant colours, regular ones like red, blue, yellow, violett etc, they are very faint at first(white is a possibility aswell and typicaly the easiest to recognize). Then you are looking at auras.

I have heard what auras look like and I have heard what Halos look like.

I chose the term halo as it was somewhat closer to what I appear to be seeing than the term aura. as I only see the lines in silhouette/outlining the figure.

Well, its all states of mind but dont stop in it! Use your imagination cause who know whats behind that door or even further, more doors.

People all the time stop and stay on one thing for all their lives! But where is that hunger for eating like a lion and holding keys for something u will find in the future?
Stoping on one thing wont get you anywhere !

Back