Graduation

Neutrino_Albatross

Legion of Dynamic Discord
Registered Senior Member
Well im graduating High School one week from today and am becoming increasingly disturbed by the stupidity of the whole process. Basicly I have to put on a stupid hat and a dress so I can walk across a stage and get handed a piece of paper that says I might have learned enough in High School to continue the rest of my life. I have to listen to the insirational speaches that are all the same and have never changed since the whole thing started. I have to listen to that damn Pomp and Circumstance son about 500 times (That song is so freaking annoying!!!!!)Worst of all the whole process takes hours of my life that I will never get back and I could be doing something useful during. Why can't they just let me go and mail the appropriate documents? Why the hell should we keep this stupid tradition?

I will post in a week after my graduation to let you know if my views have changed at all.

In Australia we don't bother having ceremonies and marching bands for each and every little thing. However, I suppose you could look at all of it as a calm before the storm of the post-graduation parties. :)

Congrats.

I remember my graduation, I know exactley how you feel. I watched allot of the peoplle I graduated with crying and stuff, and I'm thinking my god people get a life will ya. I found it all very stupid and a huge watse of time. After it was over I went and spent the day with family and friends which was awhole lot more fun.

I skipped both my graduations simply because I didn't want to endure the speechs and parade around in some 18th century retardo suit.

Back