Good and Evil Religion

SetiAlpha6

Come Let Us Reason Together
Valued Senior Member
All religions on the face of this green and blue and otherwise earth teach some good things and some evil things, at least as far as I can tell anyway. I mean I could be wrong after all. It is only my opinion.

So, the question is, what are the good things and what are the evil things, and how does one tell the difference?

What are the good things that religions give mankind?

What are the evil things that religions give mankind?

And how do you and I personally tell the difference?

I am only one imperfect person and I am really glad that you have it all figured out.

Thanks!

True and most use the good things to gain followers to do the evil things because the evil things appeal to them and the good things justify it by putting them in the same category. It's a farce like communism and capitalism are the same, positive and negative is the same.

End result chaos and division.

Man made religions to keep the masses under control. Once seeing that it was possible to control people with religions man then started using it for greedy purposes or bad ways.

good religions: christianity, Islam, and judaism

evil religions: everything else

good religions: christianity, Islam, and judaism

evil religions: everything else

What, in your view, makes the above three religions good and all of the other religions evil?

I thought that these particular three religions all currently call each other false and even evil. In fact they all condemn any person who is a member of either one of the other two religions. And they have all historically even killed those who disagree with them.

They have all been part of the “Convert or Die” mindset at one time or another in their history. I would personally call that evil not good.

All religions on the face of this green and blue and otherwise earth teach some good things and some evil things, at least as far as I can tell anyway. I mean I could be wrong after all. It is only my opinion.

So, the question is, what are the good things and what are the evil things, and how does one tell the difference?

What are the good things that religions give mankind?
it gives principles to live by (dharma) that enable the platform of economic development (artha) - after all, its kind of difficult to grow grains or manufacture car parts if everyone is on the , which enables an enjoyable material life (kama) which after some time one gives rise to the inclination that ther eis more to life, namely liberation from the material clutches (moksa)

What are the evil things that religions give mankind?
SB 7.15.12: There are five branches of irreligion, appropriately known as irreligion [vidharma], religious principles for which one is unfit [para-dharma], pretentious religion [ābhāsa], analogical religion [upadharma] and cheating religion [chala-dharma]. One who is aware of real religious life must abandon these five as irreligious.

SB 7.15.13: Religious principles that obstruct one from following his own religion are called vidharma. Religious principles introduced by others are called para-dharma. A new type of religion created by one who is falsely proud and who opposes the principles of the Vedas is called upadharma. And interpretation by one's jugglery of words is called chala-dharma.

SB 7.15.14: A pretentious religious system manufactured by one who willfully neglects the prescribed duties of his order of life is called ābhāsa [a dim reflection or false similarity]. But if one performs the prescribed duties for his particular āśrama or varṇa, why are they not sufficient to mitigate all material distresses?

And how do you and I personally tell the difference?
the same way you determine anything in any field of knowledge you care to mention - you learn it from books of knowledge or people already established in that knowledge

I am only one imperfect person and I am really glad that you have it all figured out.
I hardly know the first thin about car mechanics either - but by taking my car to the car mechanic things usually work out

;)

Back