Golden Rule

rr6

Banned
Banned
The golden rule “do unto others as you would have them do onto you” has a common variation in many countries and religions. I wondered if there were any other rules with such commonality.

Rule On Time Save Nine Rybo6 alias OS-jbug

Silver rule: Seek fair and just resolution with compassion and empathy for those who violate the laws and moral codes of humanity or any of its distinct tribes.

Wooden rule: Forgiveness by God{ess} is instantaneous, forgiveness by humans takes time.

Bone rule: Eye for eye and tooth for a tooth is practiced only by the HUMAN animal, to best of my knowledge.

Molecular rule: Share not with your cousins what you would not have them share with you.

Quantum Cosmic rule: "Know that the uncertainty of mind, being common to all humans, does not necessitate chaos.

Last edited:
The golden rule “do unto others as you would have them do onto you” has a common variation in many countries and religions.
Actually, I have not seen the Golden Rule in any other religion. And it may not have happened in the Christian faith except for a fortuitous translation error. Indeed, in the KJV, the same statement is presented twice in two disturbingly different forms.

And even the fortuitous translation error, while finally resulting in a truly moral statement, still renders it difficult to understand.

"You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Not the Golden Rule. Generally a good sentiment, but is it ok to hate your neighbor if you hate yourself?
"Whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them." This is the disturbingly different version I was telling you about. This is the opposite of the golden rule. It say WHATEVER YOU WISH, not AS YOU WOULD. This suggests that if you are into kinky things like being raped, it is ok to rape others. Perverted.
"A man should wander about treating all creatures as he himself would be treated." Never studied Jainism so what do you know, I stand corrected. "As he himself would" is the operative phrase. I do note that Jainism is an Eastern religion. That may have something to do with it.
"One should not behave towards others in a way which is disagreeable to oneself." This one ALMOST has it right.
"Do not do to others what you do not want them to do to you." Nope. Another "what" perversion.
"What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor: that is the whole Torah; all the rest of it is commentary..." Another "what" perversion.

In modern terms, the Golden Rule can best be stated, "people have the right to voluntary action; act righteously".
Some people can't think in the positive so the corollary is "it is wrong to involve someone in an action involuntarily; don't act wrongfully.

Actually, I have not seen the Golden Rule in any other religion.
There are not many that don't and it even has a positive and negative form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_rule

(Positive form of Golden Rule): One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself.[1]
(Negative form of Golden Rule): One should not treat others in ways that one would not like to be treated (also known as the Silver Rule).
1 Antiquity
1.1 Ancient Babylon
1.2 Ancient China
1.3 Ancient Egypt
1.4 Ancient Greece
1.5 Ancient Rome
1.6 Ancient India
1.6.1 Sanskrit Tradition
1.6.2 Tamil Tradition
2 Religion and philosophy
2.1 Global ethic
2.2 Bahá'í Faith
2.3 Buddhism
2.4 Christianity
2.5 Confucianism
2.6 Hinduism
2.7 Humanism
2.8 Islam
2.9 Jainism
2.10 Judaism
2.10.1 Context
2.10.2 Sources
2.11 Mohism
2.12 Platonism
2.13 Scientology
2.14 Sikhism
2.15 Taoism
2.16 The Way to Happiness
2.17 Wicca

LAG:
The distinction (true Golden Rule, perverse variant rule) is between the "what" and the "as" variants. In the "what variant", YOU are the definer of what is acceptable to do to him. In the "as variant", HE is the definer. Since people have the right to voluntary action, HE must be the definer of what he volunteers for. Until the Jainist quote from above, all the other religions I had reviewed had the "what" variant. I was corrected yesterday by said Jainist statement.
Heck, even the second rendition of the GR in the KJV of the Bible is the perverse variant; it is that common.

The Golden Rule is almost always worded, "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you." This is a nice sentiment, but it often leads to disastrous consequences. It would be more appropriate to say, "Do unto others as they would have you do unto them."

The more devout Christians and Muslims, for example, believe that everybody wants to be "saved," so therefore they're obviously doing us a favor by pestering us with their evangelical dissertations. How would they like it if we started pestering them with dissertations about atheism, trying to "save" them from their lunacy?

I can't understand why anybody would rather go jogging than eat ice cream, but I don't confront joggers at traffic signals and try to stuff ice cream into their mouths.

Tooth = Bone = Calcium= 60 = 120 = ?

Tooth = bone = stable non-magnetic metal having;

20 protons
..{ 60 quarks }.....

20 electrons and

20 neutrons
..{ 60 quarks }....
_______
60 total atomic parts

120 quarks( subatomic )

? Gluons( subatomic )

r6

The golden rule “do unto others as you would have them do onto you” has a common variation in many countries and religions. I wondered if there were any other rules with such commonality.
Rule On Time Save Nine Rybo6 alias OS-jbug
Silver rule: Seek fair and just resolution with compassion and empathy for those who violate the laws and moral codes of humanity or any of its distinct tribes.
Wooden rule: Forgiveness by God{ess} is instantaneous, forgiveness by humans takes time.
Bone rule: Eye for eye and tooth for a tooth is practiced only by the HUMAN animal, to best of my knowledge.
Molecular rule: Share not with your cousins what you would not have them share with you.
Quantum Cosmic rule: "Know that the uncertainty of mind, being common to all humans, does not necessitate chaos.

Like william cooper said, you only have freedoms if you let others have freedoms, and you leave each other alone. Once you take away others freedoms you also take away your own.

Look at egypt, no amount of force will always hold down the masses, they need bread and circuses.

The more devout Christians and Muslims, for example, believe that everybody wants to be "saved," so therefore they're obviously doing us a favor by pestering us with their evangelical dissertations. How would they like it if we started pestering them with dissertations about atheism, trying to "save" them from their lunacy?

I can't understand why anybody would rather go jogging than eat ice cream, but I don't confront joggers at traffic signals and try to stuff ice cream into their mouths.

But we endlessly hear atheists generalising about religious peoples, claiming there superior intellect is higher form, and religious people are endlessly called dumb, and atheists have this fascination of trying to prove religions wrong, when science at the top knows religions have some facts to them.

But we endlessly hear atheists generalising about religious peoples, claiming there superior intellect is higher form, and religious people are endlessly called dumb, and atheists have this fascination of trying to prove religions wrong, when science at the top knows religions have some facts to them.
Gee, I wonder why. :rolleyes:

Given that the religious never stop shouting about how atheists are evil beings with no morals who only reject god because they're angry at him, is it any wonder that some atheists lash out? I mean come on Andy, turnabout is fair play after all.

The Golden Lawn Flamingo

Fraggle Rocker said:

The Golden Rule is almost always worded, "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you." This is a nice sentiment, but it often leads to disastrous consequences. It would be more appropriate to say, "Do unto others as they would have you do unto them."

In truth, I prefer Hillel's version: Do not do unto others as you would not have them do unto you.

Any version of the golden rule can be problematic, but during my lifetime, we've been rather fixated on a very proactive version of the Christian golden rule by which many people attempt to exercise some imagined authority over others in order to fulfill the mission they believe they have from God, society, or whatever.

Carbon-60 Bucky Ball

carbon-60 Fullerene called Bucky-ball, is the most spherically symmetrical of all Fullerenes.

120 is the maxium number of identical right triangles that can be placed on a surface of sphere that envelope the whole sphere.

We have inherent, apriori, absolute cosmic limits and cosmic laws/principles.

The golden, silver, wooden, bone and quantum cosmic rules I laid out are of a relative nature.

r6

Tooth = bone = stable non-magnetic metal having;
20 protons
..{ 60 quarks }.....
20 electrons and
20 neutrons
..{ 60 quarks }....
_______
60 total atomic parts
120 quarks( subatomic )
? Gluons( subatomic )

r6

Running Out of Rules.........

That one is not really quantum unless our conscious accessability to mind/intelligence is related to quantum physics-- including gravitational spacetime ---.

Chaos and infinity, what are they good for?

Uncertain? Me too :).........

...energy(/physical ) cannot be created nor destroyed.....simple not chaotic, and appears to infer a regenerative finite set of occupied space.

What if there exists a something--- more occupied space ---that is beyond the finite set of energy(/physical ), outside of but what if there exists a finite something that is outside but tangent to each every quantum but also outside yet tangent to the whole finite energy set?

Since outside force is beyond, then it may appear to some to be a God or God-like somethingness that functions as the overseer or overoeperator to all of energetic functions. On a simple gas powered motor this may have been called the regulator which was tangent to RPM and linkedtoo regulating gas/air flow into the motor.

The egg inverts upon itself to create the neural tube and eventually the spinal chord. Why invert? Why not remain spherical? Maybe with egg it is all electric + and - charges.

Is the outside force neutral to both + and - yet has influence over both?

Wish I had a good saying or rule to finnish with.......:eek:

r6

Back