going camping

oigres

Registered Member
with a bunch of friends tomorrow,
i got booze, drugs and a fresh pair of underwear,
am i missing anything?

I always take a powerful flashlight with me if its night camping. Have never regreted it.

A pair of earplugs for when you're sleeping if you have them, in case someone snores or there's a lot of racket nearby due to other campers or animals making noises or whatnot.

Definitely a flashlight.

Drink some water before you go to sleep to avoid a hangover the next morning.

cell phone is a good idea, if there's any emergency, but turn it off. I wouldn't like to be disturbed by a phone call when relaxing in the forest by anybody.

bug spray?:D
well we don't have no need for those in Latvia.

Dont forget the lighter:D Oh, and a toothbrush. You'll have a viscous case of cottenmouth.

Have fun!:D

Originally posted by oigres
with a bunch of friends tomorrow,
i got booze, drugs and a fresh pair of underwear,
am i missing anything?
Forget the underwear...
I wear A Sarrong, when I'm on the trail. Oh the freedom of an extremely light weight kilt. Of course you must go regimental. The freedom of the breeze.

Heavy-Duty foil. You can make a pipe, in case of doobie breakage.
And A spare lighter.:D

You can survive for days, with nothing more than these items & your wits.

Depends on what you intend to do before, during, and after.

Me? I take plently of food to cook. Music or the guitar. Plenty of drinks other than liquor. Toilet paper and paper towels for those "emeregencies". A tent for when it rains. A folding stool.

Rarely do I hike in. If I have my druthers then I drive to the spot. That way I have music, a place to put up my valuables, and a place to sit (tailgate). Also in case of emergencies you have mobility. I like a good stream. Swimming and source of water. (Make sure if you use the water that you sterilize it). Sometimes I canoe in. Use the ice chest for a seat.

If you catch fish, you can bring a newspaper. Clean the fish, season with salt, pepper, maybe a bit of lemon juice. Wrap the fish in soaked newspaper one at a time. Through them on the coals and wait for the heat to steam the fish. Excellent.

I always have coffee and what ever those with me use in their coffee. I usually put it in ziplocks.

Of course if your trip is to get wasted then you may not need these things. Bring a good lounge chair and a tarp and nothing else but the ice chest in that case.

oh yes! dont forget the food........ and a tarp if you tent is not waterproof or to cover your woodpile incase of rain.

there wouldn't happen to be a waterfall near youre campsite, eh? hehehehe

HAVE FUN!!

me w.e.

im the one up in the tree.
with a cheerful book 2 read.
my friends are on the ground beneath.
singing dancing feeling free.
though i may b the biggest geek.
im still the cutest thing youll ever see. ;)

bring a good book
even though u may not get around 2 reading it
who knows
i may jus b ther 2 read it 4 u

-me w.e.

Back