Gog and Magog

Brian Foley

REFUSE - RESIST
Valued Senior Member
Ezekiel 38 through 39 tells of a future invasion of Israel from a powerful nation from the north leading a coalition of nations that surround Israel . Bible scholars imply it is Russia that is Gog as this is a reference to the utter most northern fastnesses of Israel . I believe Gog to be Turkey and I also believe this prophecy of Gog and Magog will happen soon . America will be evacuating the Middle East region soon , I say this inevitable invasion of Iran will be the fall of America . This leaves the whole picture wide open once America is gone , this is where Turkey will make its entrance . Turkey realizing it will never join the EU , because Europe sees Turkey as an outsider has been making it-s own policy in the mid east . Turkey stayed out of the conflict with Iraq by purposely tendering an unacceptable offer to America . Turkey knows America is not long for the region so she will wait for this eventuality to create an opportunity . Turkey I predict will make a grab for the mideast controlling the Levant and its oilfields, in an attempt to establish herself as an influential entity and player with Europe , re-establishing the former position Turkey enjoyed with the Ottoman Empire . I believe Turkey will overrun Iraq , Syria and Saudi Arabia this will lead Turkey to attempt to overrun Israel and I believe Israel will use her Atomic arsenal thus ending Gog and Magog . But this event once realized is almost immediately followed by the Apocalypse !

Brian Foley said:
I believe Gog to be Turkey ...
I can just see all those Turks galloping in on horseback, sword in hand, ready to do battle with the IDF. Then again:
Since, in the list of the sons of Noah (Gen. 10:2), Magog is mentioned as the brother of Gomer and Madai, the most reasonable identification put forward is with Giges, also known as Gogo, king of Lydia, and Magog, with his country.

< ... >

From the biblical sources and the tradition of the rabbis, the stories about Gog and Magog passed to the Church Fathers. At the time of the Gothic migrations it was customary to identify the Goths with Gog and Magog. An ancient Christian tradition also identified Gog and Magog with the barbarian peoples whom Alexander the Great locked away behind iron gates next to the Caspian Sea but who are destined to break forth in the end of days. During the Islamic conquests, Christians identified the Muslim armies with Gog and Magog.

- Encyclopaedia Judaica: Gog and Magog

What makes prophesy so wondrous is that the pervasively naive and gullible can always interpret it in a way that reinforces their ignorance.

Brian Foley said:
Ezekiel 38 through 39 tells of a future invasion of Israel from a powerful nation from the north leading a coalition of nations that surround Israel . Bible scholars imply it is Russia that is Gog as this is a reference to the utter most northern fastnesses of Israel . I believe Gog to be Turkey and I also believe this prophecy of Gog and Magog will happen soon . America will be evacuating the Middle East region soon , I say this inevitable invasion of Iran will be the fall of America . This leaves the whole picture wide open once America is gone , this is where Turkey will make its entrance . Turkey realizing it will never join the EU , because Europe sees Turkey as an outsider has been making it-s own policy in the mid east . Turkey stayed out of the conflict with Iraq by purposely tendering an unacceptable offer to America . Turkey knows America is not long for the region so she will wait for this eventuality to create an opportunity . Turkey I predict will make a grab for the mideast controlling the Levant and its oilfields, in an attempt to establish herself as an influential entity and player with Europe , re-establishing the former position Turkey enjoyed with the Ottoman Empire . I believe Turkey will overrun Iraq , Syria and Saudi Arabia this will lead Turkey to attempt to overrun Israel and I believe Israel will use her Atomic arsenal thus ending Gog and Magog . But this event once realized is almost immediately followed by the Apocalypse !

Hi Brian :)

I love prophesy too :D

I think you will find a word search on the words Gog and Magog interesting for they occur twice in the books of prophesy in the bible. You have already mention the one in Ezekiel 38 the other mention of the two is in the book of Revelation chapter 20

Revelation 20:8
and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea.

Brian if you read revelation 20 you will see the sequence of events.

1) Satan Bound;

1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

If you read Revelation 19 you will see that this happens after the return of the Messiah and the defeat of the beast and his army. You will also read that the beast and the false prophet are cast alive into the lake of fire.

The Saints Reign with Christ 1000 Years
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

See the saints who had not worshiped the beast or his image who had not received the mark of the beast. This happens before the return of the Messiah and they shall take part in the first resurrection and reign with Jesus for 1000 years.

Satanic Rebellion Crushed
(1) 7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. 10The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Note that the beast and the false prophet are already in the Lake of fire. they have been there for 1000 years. The battle depicted in Ezekiel 38 happens 1000 years after the second coming of the Messiah Jesus.

Note also that the army of satan will surround the "camp of the saints" the saints will be on earth during the 1000 years :)

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

That 1000 years has always troubled me do they mean 1000 years after Christs death or 1000 years after the second coming ? A lot of daniels prophecy was used in the New Testament revelation as well i believe it means times are no different from Ancient days .

The 1000 years begins after the second coming of the Messiah. That is what the scriptures indicate to me and Jesus will rule on earth with the saints for 1000 years before the final satanic rebellion takes place then the final judgement occurs.

i aint understanding this guys! i dont get it becasue Muslims and Christians believe it... so whats going on, is the guy muslim or christian or what.

fuck the jews
America RULES!!!!!! (only thew west coast, the rest is a piile of jew loving religoious mongs)

Actually the Christians muslims and jews believe the Messiah is coming. They just have different views of Him and what he will do.

Brian, based on what you said on your very first post what would you do if you were in political power based on this belief? If you had the ablity to influence United States actions with economically towards the middle east and or miltarily would you do anything and if so what?

oh i found this on the net.....kinda long will read it later but talks about ezek 39

http://www.newhopechapel.org/outlines/Revelation/invasion.htm

Just wait till you see the abomination of desolation on her hind legs rearing the armies of the world for battle.. err, or was that the two princes? hmm..

God is my God.

robtex said:
Brian, based on what you said on your very first post what would you do if you were in political power based on this belief? If you had the ablity to influence United States actions with economically towards the middle east and or miltarily would you do anything and if so what?
When powerful nations embark on a belligerent policy they do so because of economic reasons . If I was sure that this was a fufilment of prophecy I dont think anything could be done to stop it . The only thing i could do would really be to save as many people as possible get them out of harms way .
robtex said:
oh i found this on the net.....kinda long will read it later but talks about ezek 39
That is similar to the late great planet earth book of 1970 http://mywebpages.comcast.net/webpages54/ap/lgpe.html . Russia is to obvious you really have to look at the most unobvious . Which nation has the most to gain and the most lose in this case Turkey .

Back