God's Law and War

GodLied

Registered Senior Member
Another poster advised me about God's law and other religions. If people of other religions are to be destroyed in compliance with God's Law, a Nation based on God's Law would kill Hindus, Buddhists, Wiccans, and others. Muslims would be immune because their god is God by the name of Allah.

Such a global war would never benefit anyone. However, supporting the Holy Bible supports religious wars. Do you still support your Holy Bible?

GodLied.

I think you have the Bible and Quran mixed up. Where in the Bible does it propose a "holy war"?

And what do you make of God's promise in Isaiah 2:4:

He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.

And God will use the weapons used for war against us:

Jeremiah 21:4
'This is what the LORD , the God of Israel, says: I am about to turn against you the weapons of war that are in your hands, which you are using to fight the king of Babylon and the Babylonians who are outside the wall besieging you. And I will gather them inside this city.

This is the only war a Christian should wage:

Romans 7:23
but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members.

Ephesians 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

2 Corinthians 10
3For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world.

GodLied: "Such a global war would never benefit anyone. However, supporting the Holy Bible supports religious wars. Do you still support your Holy Bible?"

i dont believe "such a global war" would ever happen, but the results would benefit God, and thats all that matters. period.

Jenyar, in terms of the Holy Bible, Holy Wars are wars based on religion. Example of extermination of a blasphemer, LEVITICUS 24:23. Examples of religious genocide/war is DEUTERONOMY 7. Essentially, imposing God's Law means exterminating or deporting all heathens and atheists. Such a consideration lends to religious warfare world wide when God's Law is observed.

GodLied.

Originally posted by Jenyar
I think you have the Bible and Quran mixed up. Where in the Bible does it propose a "holy war"?

And what do you make of God's promise in Isaiah 2:4:

He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.

HonChi supports God Party?

Originally posted by HonChi
GodLied: "Such a global war would never benefit anyone. However, supporting the Holy Bible supports religious wars. Do you still support your Holy Bible?"

i dont believe "such a global war" would ever happen, but the results would benefit God, and thats all that matters. period.

HonChi, your stance that anything which benefits God is good suggests you would vote for the God Party which holds as its political platform God's Laws as listed in the Old Testament. Is that true?

GodLied.

Originally posted by GodLied
Jenyar, in terms of the Holy Bible, Holy Wars are wars based on religion. Example of extermination of a blasphemer, LEVITICUS 24:23. Examples of religious genocide/war is DEUTERONOMY 7. Essentially, imposing God's Law means exterminating or deporting all heathens and atheists. Such a consideration lends to religious warfare world wide when God's Law is observed.

GodLied.
Lev.14:15 Say to the Israelites: 'If anyone curses his God, he will be held responsible; 16 anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death.

Deut.7:10 But those who hate him he will repay to their face by destruction;
he will not be slow to repay to their face those who hate him.

Unfortunately, now that Israel is not the enforcer of God's decrees anymore, judgement must be postponed until God's day of judgment. Those are examples of our guilt, not doctrine of how we should judge others. People have the chance to realize they are guilty before God. Will the guilty now enforce the judgment which makes them guilty, on others? Not if they believe in mercy, because God has forgiven them of the same sins. Because we know that "by the same judgment by which you judge others, you will be judged", and God said "vengeance is mine alone, I will repay".

GodLied, why should Christians become involved in a "holy" war if judgment is in God's hands, and the war has already been won?

Last edited:
Re: HonChi supports God Party?

Originally posted by GodLied
HonChi, your stance that anything which benefits God is good suggests you would vote for the God Party which holds as its political platform God's Laws as listed in the Old Testament. Is that true?

GodLied.
The mistake you are making is supposing that "voting for God" can be a democratic decision. Have you ever tried to vote against a war that is already upon you? If Saddam Hussein could declare an all-out war against America, would it help to pass a vote that asks "Do you support Saddam's war?"

I don't think so. We are already at war - one which end has already been determined. You just have to choose on whose side you are on. You wrongly think that the Bible is on our side. It isn't. Moses condemns us. How many times does God declare war on Israel itself, his own people? Read the rest of those passages you quoted and see if you can tell me on whose side God is on.

Re: Re: HonChi supports God Party?

Jenyar, you claim it is not a democratic decision to elect officials of a God Party whose political platform is based on God's Laws as disclosed in the Old Testament. I will now move this post to the thread dealing with this line of thought. You may view it in that thread.

Originally posted by Jenyar
The mistake you are making is supposing that "voting for God" can be a democratic decision....

Back