God is in our hearts?

nicholas1M7

Banned
Banned
Could the qualities of omnipresence, omnipotence and omniscience be possible without intelligent lifeforms to conceive it?

Does God, in the religious sense, acheive these qualities by existing "in" our hearts in times of need? But how do we define "need". Is "need" merely the feeling that arises as a defence mechanism against the horror of unreality and "anti-creation"?

Their seems to be an emotional tendency towards God where science is absent. But if God possesses the above qualities (the three O's), science cannot bereft God despite our claims.

The argument from transhumanism suggests that intelligence is inevitable and that it can evolve to the point that it eventually embodies the three O's.

God is not real. The only purpose for this concept is self-dellusion. I cannot stress this enough :( If he were REAL I'd have gotten a girlfriend by now!

God is not real. The only purpose for this concept is self-dellusion. I cannot stress this enough :( If he were REAL I'd have gotten a girlfriend by now!

One thing: confidence. From there you can approach girls almost anytime, almost anywhere in a public setting.

The three O's are not contingent on your lack of material or emotional wealth.

hey what about people with artificial hearts?where is he then?:D

I was merely acknowledging the claim that "God exists in our hearts" in my inquiry process. It is not to be taken as a serious hypothesis.

Hopefully, we can arrive at a more intellectually sturdy critique to substantiate what I am working with currently.

I think that feeling you mention is related with ego, and the will to survive forever or have a great power in support resulting from the process of evolution.

It's just something came to my mind now, I have no proof to support it.

Last edited:
Does God, in the religious sense, acheive these qualities by existing "in" our hearts in times of need?

Tell that to the kid who got raped by an adult, that god was in his heart while he raped her! :confused:

No, all these are logical perfections of attributes such as power, spatial extension, and knowledge.

Could the qualities of omnipresence, omnipotence and omniscience be possible without intelligent lifeforms to conceive it?

Does God, in the religious sense, acheive these qualities by existing "in" our hearts in times of need? But how do we define "need". Is "need" merely the feeling that arises as a defence mechanism against the horror of unreality and "anti-creation"?

Their seems to be an emotional tendency towards God where science is absent. But if God possesses the above qualities (the three O's), science cannot bereft God despite our claims.

The argument from transhumanism suggests that intelligence is inevitable and that it can evolve to the point that it eventually embodies the three O's.

"One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all" (Eph 4.6)

And Jesus said "the kingdom of God comes not by observation, for behold the kingdom of God is within you" (Luke 17.20-21)

"He is the source of light in all luminous objects. He is beyond the darkness of matter and is unmanifested. He is knowledge, He is the object of knowledge, and He is the goal of knowledge. He is situated in everyone's heart" (BG 13.18)

"One who sees the Supersoul accompanying the individual soul in all bodies, and who understands that neither the soul nor the Supersoul within the destructible body is ever destroyed, actually sees" (BG 13.28)

"One who sees the Supersoul equally present everywhere, in every living being, does not degrade himself by his mind. Thus he approaches the transcendental destination" (BG 13.29)

Obviosuly not since omniscience (ie knowledge) and omnipotence (ie the source of all energies) is directly tied to consciousness

Does God, in the religious sense, acheive these qualities by existing "in" our hearts in times of need?
on the contrary, it is by existing in our hearts that god controls us from his vantage point of omnipresence etc

BG 15.15: I am seated in everyone's heart, and from Me come remembrance, knowledge and forgetfulness.

given the presence of illusion, its not clear how one could evolve to the level of being infallible (in other words god has a constitutional position of infallibility and the living entity has a constitutional position of fallibility and never the twain shall meet)

Back