God in 3's

Well... first of all, the Bible also says that there would be many false prophets and that many would be led astray.

Second, it also says:

Romans 6:10-11
"10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.
11 Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus."

Hebrews 7:26-27
"26 For it was fitting for us to have such a high priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners and exalted above the heavens;
27 who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for all when He offered up Himself. "

And this next one is very clear about that...

1 Peter 3:18
"18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit;"

So what are you saying? Are you saying that to go to Heaven we need to do something? Because what I've read in the scriptures says that it is already done. He came, He died, and as soons as I accepted Him, I go to Heaven.

Romans 10:8-11
"8 But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
11 For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED." "

John 3:16
"16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. "

Those scriptures say that the only requirement is to believe in Him, have faith in Him.

About the "Son of Man", there are too many scriptures in many different contexts. Can you post the exact scriptures you are talking about?

Rev 18 talks about Babylon. Is what you are saying in the right context or you are just pulling out scriptures? Instead of posting verses, try to post verses and talk about the context they are in, otherwise it is not just hard to understand, but also create some opportunity for the scripture to be misunderstood.

In 1963 the Seven seals were opened and the Son of Man was revealed "from heaven' with His holy angels, There was a cloud photgraphed in space 28 miles up ...science could not explain it
Can you post pictures (if possible) and articles about that?

1 John 4:1-3
"1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;
3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world. "

What do you say about that? So far it seems you say that Jesus is from God, so no problem there...:p

Just as John the Baptist (in the spirit of elijah, Mal. 3) was here and introduced Jesus, William Branham, a prophet (in the spirit of elijah, Mal. 4) was here, as the seventh angel (the messinger to the seventh, final church age) when Christ was introduced as the Son of Man, He took the surendered vessel of a prophet, and in 1963, spoke through Him and revealed what was in the book, the seven seals, the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven and by these called the names of His elect.
A person is not an angel... A human messeger from God is a "prophet". An angel is not human...

Well... I think that's all...

I believe the key scripture about this discussion is Romans 6:

Romans 6
"1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase?
2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?
3 Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?
4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection,
6 knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin;
7 for he who has died is freed from sin.
8 Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,
9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him.
10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God.
11 Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.

12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts,
13 and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.
14 For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.
15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be!
16 Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness?
17 But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed,
18 and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.
19 I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness, resulting in further lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness, resulting in sanctification.
20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.
21 Therefore what benefit were you then deriving from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the outcome of those things is death.
22 But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life.
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

This is exactly what you were saying, but there is something else that you need to pay attention to. You were saying:

Hows a believer born...(spitiually)
1) justification 2)sanctifcation 3) baptim of the Spirit

In Romans 6, this is written in the exact order in verses
3----->16---->19
justification---->righteousness--->sanctification

However, you forgot verses 22-23 and 10-11, that talks about eternal life.

In verse 22, he says that santification results in eternal life, and in verse 23 he says that this is the free gift of God. So you really don't need to do anything but accept it.

Who is Babylon in Rev 18? It appears to be a country. But by what you are saying is not. Why?

Revelations 18:2-3,7,9-18
"2 And he cried out with a mighty voice, saying, "Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! She has become a dwelling place of demons and a prison of every unclean spirit, and a prison of every unclean and hateful bird.
3 For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the passion of her immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed acts of immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich by the wealth of her sensuality."

"7 To the degree that she glorified herself and lived sensuously, to the same degree give her torment and mourning; for she says in her heart, 'I SIT as A QUEEN AND I AM NOT A WIDOW, and will never see mourning.' "

"9 And the kings of the earth, who committed acts of immorality and lived sensuously with her, will weep and lament over her when they see the smoke of her burning,
10 standing at a distance because of the fear of her torment, saying, 'Woe, woe, the great city, Babylon, the strong city! For in one hour your judgment has come.'
11 And the merchants of the earth weep and mourn over her, because no one buys their cargoes any more--
12 cargoes of gold and silver and precious stones and pearls and fine linen and purple and silk and scarlet, and every kind of citron wood and every article of ivory and every article made from very costly wood and bronze and iron and marble,
13 and cinnamon and spice and incense and perfume and frankincense and wine and olive oil and fine flour and wheat and cattle and sheep, and cargoes of horses and chariots and slaves and human lives. "
14 "The fruit you long for has gone from you, and all things that were luxurious and splendid have passed away from you and men will no longer find them.
15 "The merchants of these things, who became rich from her, will stand at a distance because of the fear of her torment, weeping and mourning,
16 saying, 'Woe, woe, the great city, she who was clothed in fine linen and purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls;
17 for in one hour such great wealth has been laid waste!' And every shipmaster and every passenger and sailor, and as many as make their living by the sea, stood at a distance,
18 and were crying out as they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, 'What city is like the great city?' "

You are talking about something totally different. You can't get a verse and get it out of the context...

Comes down from heaven means a fresh message from God.
We the believers are "caught up into heavenly places" serveral places in the New testement. It means being Quikened by the word, in the presense of God...you don't have to leave earth to do that...do you ?.....No
How do you know it means that?

These issues of calvinism or armanism are the "milk" for spiritual babes, we should be way past that now.....God predestinated them He foreknew.........Vessels of Honnor and vessel of dishonor.....lets talk of greater things. I will go over these thing in reveiw with you, but my understanding of these basic truths are not something I want to debate. We are talking the "strong meat" for those who have their senses exercised in the disernment of Good and evil.
I haven't even passed through calvinism at all, I've been in the same place for years. The first time I got a Bible was two years ago and I pretty much knew what was written in there because God had taught me before. And I do know how to discern what is right and wrong. So please, if you have a point to make, don't take scriptures of by verses and use more in context. Read the whole chapter and see if it really agrees.

Paul said let us leave the principle of the first doctrines of Christ and go on into perfection.
That's why the Law was designed. However, it is by faith that righteousness and perfection is attained.

Galatians 3:1-14

Faith Brings Righteousness

"1 You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified?
2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?
4 Did you suffer so many things in vain-- if indeed it was in vain?
5 So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?
6 Even so Abraham BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS.
7 Therefore, be sure that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham.
8 The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "ALL THE NATIONS WILL BE BLESSED IN YOU."
9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with Abraham, the believer.
10 For as many as are of the works of the Law are under a curse; for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT ABIDE BY ALL THINGS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THE LAW, TO PERFORM THEM."
11 Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, "THE RIGHTEOUS MAN SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."
12 However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, "HE WHO PRACTICES THEM SHALL LIVE BY THEM."

13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us--for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON A TREE"--
14 in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. "

And later in the same chapter, the purpose of the Law is revealed.

Galatians 3:21-29
"21 Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law.
22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed.
24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.
25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise. "

See that in spirit we are like Christ. To go to Heaven, we need only that. It is impossible to not brake the Law. Everyone sins. It's the nature of our flesh.

The only way to attain perfection is through faith, and of course, we should act like it, otherwise, our faith is dead (faith without works is dead... somwhere in James 2... I believe you know this).

Later, in Glatains 5, Paul tells the Galatians how to fulfill the Law. He also talks about the importance of following the Law, although we are already saved, and already going to Heaven.

Galatians 5:1-6
"1 It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.
2 Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you.
3 And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law.
4 You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
5 For we through the Spirit, by faith, are waiting for the hope of righteousness.
6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love.
"

Galatians 5:13-26
"13 For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
14 For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

15 But if you bite and devour one another, take care that you are not consumed by one another.
16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh.
17 For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.
19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

24 Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.
26 Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another."

Those verse clearly say how the Law is fulfilled. Love is the key to fulfill the Law (in fact, that's all God talks about... :eek: ). In verse 25, Paul makes a distinction between "live by the Spirit" and "walk by the Spirit". "Live by the Spirit" is what we do since we became a Christian. It is eternal life. Our spirits now are alive, and God lives within us. If God lives within us, how can we NOT go to Heaven!?!? So all Christians go to Heaven-- that is for sure.

Walk by the Spirit is to fulfill the Law. This is important because that's the ONLY way we can really lead unbelieversto God. If God is within us and we sin, can an unbeliever really believe in us? If Catholics do cruzades, what unbelievers think about that? Walk by the Spirit is also important because our lives are still affected by the Law, although our after-lives are not.

So... yeah... If you are saying that not all Christians will go to Heaven, I don't believe in you.

*Avatar just stepping by and greeting TruthSeeker, who he hasn't seen in months

*TruthSeeker gretting Avatar and wodering why Avatar hasn't seen him for months, cause he has been here...* :)

TheVisitor

Why don't you want to debate? Don't you seek Truth? I'm showing you the scriptures I know about the subject, and you can show yours. That's ok. I'm listening.

Originally posted by TruthSeeker
*TruthSeeker gretting Avatar and wodering why Avatar hasn't seen him for months, cause he has been here...* :)
but Avatar has been away ;)

Back