God does not play dice ??!!

He didn't believe there was randomness in nature. They say that in the quantum world, in microcosmos, things are randomized. Particles in the quantum world move and act in a way that our senses can't comprehend, so we call them random events. People don't understand infinity and particles which move with the speed of light and above. But randomness and order in the universe may in fact be one and the same thing.

The pre-quantum universe of Newton is deterministic. In principle, if at some particular instant, you could determine the locations and speeds of every particle in the universe, then you could use the laws of physics to predict the entire future of the universe, and its past as well.

The development of quantum mechanics has led to a view of nature which says that certain aspects are not determined before they happen. That is, you can't predict certain outcomes of physical processes with certainty before they happen.

Einstein was not a big fan of quantum mechanics. He hoped that somehow, underneath it all, the universe would turn out to be deterministic after all. Hence his comment.

Einstein was not a big fan of quantum mechanics. He hoped that somehow, underneath it all, the universe would turn out to be deterministic after all. Hence his comment.

Yeah, he worked for a greater part of his life trying to get around the dicy things of quantum mechanics.

He said it to Bohr or Heisenberg i believe that i recall.
Einstein, Newton, Schrödinger, Laplace and several others believed just like me that that the present state of the universe is an effect of its own past and the cause of its own future. Newton's laws a deterministic for exactly that reason.

We therefore believe that God does not play dice.

Back