God debate is mute

Cactus Jack

Death Knight of Northrend
Registered Senior Member
We cannot prove or disprove the existance of God. We may have science but nothing says a greater being isn't behind it all, and then again nothing says there is.

as member Cris's signature states:
"What I have done is to show that it is possible for the way the universe began to be determined by the laws of science. In that case, it would not be necessary to appeal to God to decide how the universe began. This doesn't prove that there is no God, only that God is not necessary." [Stephen W. Hawking, Der Spiegel, 1989]

It may be fun to debate, but its a mute point.

Thanx,
``````Cactus

[Michael Palin voice-over]
Well... very good then. We'd best close this forum straight away!"
[/Michael Palin voice-over]

:D

Peace.

hahahaha, Yeah.

I just posted this because I don't think people should so violently beat down others opinion on the subject if we don't have facts. Someone isn''t idiodic if they don't believe in God, or otherwise.

Cactus,

If it weren't for religionists then we could close down this forum.

But the debates ultimately are not about gods and religion but about logic and reason versus faith and irrational thinking.

Religionists will talk about their gods among themselves and there are many websites that do just that. But the unbelievers here are not interested, largely, about the nuances of a particular religious doctrine.

The real question is how to rationally convince someone who cannot think rationally that their claims are not rational? They hold such claims because thay can't think clearly and in that respect we have no hope of convincing them all the time they cannot think.

The only long term solution is to raise the education level in the world so that more people are taught how to think.

In the meantime all we can do is laugh at the idiotic rantings of those that believe religion is true. And it would be funny if it weren't for the fact that many world leaders have also been indoctrinated into such dumb institutions. Sigh!

Oh well - on with the debate.

Cris

Thanx Cris, that helped. I just thought I was seeing a bit too much hostility towards those that believe in Religion, I don't think the forum should be closed or anything - on the contrary I think its a enlightening and useful thing. Thanx for the clarification

-Cactus

Cactus,

The debate has been raging for several millenia and I suspect it will continue for a while longer.

Take care.
Cris

God can be "previewed" in Science by the discovery of "WHAT" is in the Vacuum and make it create particles, from the "Nothing"...
Is Vacuum absolute Vacuum? Or is just another Vacuum like we have here (air)...? The air seems Vacuum, but is not... and if this Vacuum at space is not really Vacuum as we think it is?

Any ideas...?

Love,
Nelson

Vacuum is defined as something that does not contain anything material.

If something material is present then it isn't a vacuum. Air is material. If air is present then there is no vacuum.

What is your point? Your text reads as gibberish again.

Cris

Cris,

What is your point? Your text reads as gibberish again.
Yours read, as my point here is clear and denied as it's against your beliefs. Se my thread: "Psychology: Why do people resist to changes" for more explanation.... ;)

As I was saying, everyone knows that THERE ARE particles coming from what we CALL Vacuum. It's scientifically proved. We already have the EVIDENCE.

So then, how this particles are created from the VACUUM? Is it material? Or it's something that we never saw before, like spiritual? That's my point here. Because if particles are created from the Vacuum, something IN the Vacuum has to exist to create those particles... or it's just created from nothing? If you say it's created from nothing then you already found God, the Creator: The Vacuum. If there is something physical in the vacuum that we don't know yet, then we still didn't find God.

So, what do you say? We found God or not...?

Love,
Nelson

Nelson:

Do not expect Cris' respect if you do not respect him. :)

So then, how this particles are created from the VACUUM? Is it material? Or it's something that we never saw before, like spiritual? That's my point here. Because if particles are created from the Vacuum, something IN the Vacuum has to exist to create those particles... or it's just created from nothing? If you say it's created from nothing then you already found God, the Creator: The Vacuum. If there is something physical in the vacuum that we don't know yet, then we still didn't find God.

The vaccum is not exactly nothingness. There are interactions within it.

See http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/mark_vuletic/vacuum.html

http://www.fnal.gov/pub/inquiring/questions/vacuum.html

So, what do you say? We found God or not...?

Nope.

Xev,

Do not expect Cris' respect if you do not respect him.
Who said I don't respect him...?
It usually seems the opposite...

Well... so how virtual particles are created...?
Why... :

./-----pion + ----\
/.........................\
-----neutron-------
\........................./
.\-----pion - -----/

??
Hey! Isn't neutral a normal particle? So how it's created from Nothing among with two virtual particles...? :rolleyes:
:eek: :bugeye: :cool:

PS: Remember my ideas about "Neutral Cosmic Emanations"... :D

Love,
Nelson

Back