God arrives ... in Equatorial Guinea

Well? What do you think?

• All hail Mbasogo!

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • He should be flogged for wasting people's time

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Tiassa should be flogged for wasting our time (you've been waiting for this poll option)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Wait, wait, wait ... there's an "Equatorial" Guinea? Why wasn't I informed?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tiassa

Let us not launch the boat ...
Valued Senior Member
Okay, okay ... no jokes about Americans. Even I had to look it up, so ...

Equatorial Guinea (CIA Factbook)

Unfortunately, all that is listed there about religion in Equatorial Guinea is: nominally Christian and predominantly Roman Catholic, pagan practices.

Thus, without further ado: Equatorial Guinea's "God" (BBC)
State radio in the tiny west African state of Equatorial Guinea has hailed the nation's leader as "the country's God".

In a programme called Bidze-Nduan (Bury the fire) which deals with "peace, tranquillity and the order reigning in the country" the radio declared that President Teodoro Obiang Nguema was "in permanent contact with the Almighty" . . . .

. . . . President Nguema won the 2002 presidential elections by almost 100% to serve a third, seven-year term.

"He can decide to kill without anyone calling him to account and without going to hell because it is God himself, with whom he is in permanent contact, and who gives him this strength," a presidential aide announced on the show.
On the one hand, this should be a WE&P topic, but come on ... it's Equatorial Guinea. I have to admit, I could have cared less about E.G. before, and technically I'm not moved to start another of my mercy campaigns.

The political aspect is not the aim of this topic.

Rather, I hope to find out, and eventually deliver to you, parts of the doctrinal history lending to God's latest arrival on Earth.

I mean, this is funny to me ... that is until the bodies start arriving in the news. But at three seven-year terms by a nearly 100% vote ... forgive me if the state of that Republic gives me the notion that it's not because of his effective and charming leadership. I'm pretty sure the bodies already delivered haven't mattered much, at least on this side of the Pond. So ... damn it, I'm just out for the humor this time.

But it would be interesting to find out which blend of religious ideas led to the latest arrival of God. Oh, well. At least The Almighty didn't arrive splat in the middle of my breakfast. I hope to someday bring you that blend. Who knows, it might be smoother than the Kenyan roast that was my staple at the Governor's Cup ... only a random bag o'Mexican "altura organic" beans ever beat the Kenyan ... absolutely no edge at all.

However, I doubt it. While I can apparently get E.G. coffee online, I think President Mbasogo would give me worse jitters.

I think the solution is to send America's best and brightest religious delusionaries: let's sic him with Falwell and Tilton and ... hey ... is Wildmon still alive? Maybe send a couple of pro football preachers ... hey, does the Power Team still run their dog and pony show?

:m:,
Tiassa :cool:

Last edited:
Well, i believe "Teodoro Obiang Nguema" is god. thats what you expect me to do, isn't it..? be happy, you're right.:p

I thought Kim Il Yung was supposed to be a god? =P'
I know some nutters claim President Bush is Satan...

Back