Global Warming, Evolution, and Natural Selection

valich

Registered Senior Member
Very simple. With Global Warming, organisms that have traits favorable to increased temperatures that allow them to reproduce more will be favored to survive: natural selection.

just who told you that worlds warming up to hell?

get a life! read past threads, i have refuted these claims lots of times

Rick

Persistent abnormal warming may be related to persistent abnormal change in vascular tone, blood flow, pH, BP, diabetes, breathing pattern etc.

The point is to illicit discussion. I never post for argument or debate: I post to illicit creative ideas or to establish an intellectual scientific forum.

Global Warming is an undeniable fact. This is a given. See Dr. Hannibal Lectur's recent post on the "Global Warming" thread under "Free Thoughts": http://sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=55646

Points to illicit further creative lines of thought are:

Will we evolve traits that enable us to adapt to higher temperatures and excessive pollution (methane, CO2)? Or will hominids become extinct?

As we lose our coastal shores to increased sea levels will we be forced to relocate in Northern geographic areas? Possible inhabiting the Arctic and Antarctic?

Will other species, such as insects, that are more adapted to higher temperatures multiply to such an extreme that they will compromise our habitat environment?

How will this affect our food supply? Already Inuit Indians in Canada and Greenland are having severe problems maintaining their sustenance supply from the unfavorable conditions (lack of ice) in hunting seals.

How will this affect the evolution of other species on earth? Which ones will evolve traits to adapt and what species will become extinct? What type of traits?

Global Warming, Evolution, and Natural Selection combined has enormous implications for future life on earth for all organisms. The bounds for discussion are only limited by your creative powers, interest, and imagination.

Adaptation to changed environment unless it is immediate/instant or shocking can make us adapted to new environment. I can't evauluate if global warming can be treated as immediate/instant or shocking...unnatural for the purpose of adaptation.

Back