Global Swine flu reports and discussion

ripleofdeath

Registered Senior Member
upon reading an article in my local national news paper last night while at work and now hearing in the news how it is now at 75% of all reported flu cases with soo far 7 confirmed deaths in our sleepy wee lil country is making me think how my words of warning were scoffed at as we got the alerts here in auckland new zealand.

i put scorn upon the health managers who were tasked with dealing with this as it was like a shoddy piece of work rushed together with twisty-ties and old chip paper.

i gave them 2 specific warnings.

but... it seems keeping up apperances to try and keep your head down in your job is the first and most important task of our government departments on this issue.

funny to think we were told that it was all sorted and under control because of earlier work and systems established from the h5n1 avarian and saars scares.

its looking like the world is waking up too late to this silent mover.

we got it first in our winter season and europe asia and the usa is about to go into winter.
it will be interesting to see if this swine flu marches right past in kill rates of the normal flu before the worst of winter takes hold in the major population areas of the world.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10583334

i cant find the article now but last night it said
1555 people now confirmed swine flu
124 new cases in one day
7 dead

Last edited by a moderator:
new development supposedly in Australia.
oink this link for the real story
interesting dynamics

basic story over 100 pigs in an Australian pig farm have been diagnose with some type of flu virus.
currently news media report the scientists as saying it is too early to define a strain(refer to dna mutation in viruses while inside hosts etc...)

soo... im thunking... gee i guess they will make some new regulations around bio security for working with pigs and possibly chickens.
<> they said bird flu can also be hosted by pigs

well... all is fair in love and war... soo what does that leave aside from the lies about it being nothing to worry about.

Poachers !
yup !
that's right !
poaching of pork could be a way that swine flu of the next generational strain (refer Spanish influenza) comes back to the human population in high density unreported sickness.
given the lack of adequate AFFORDABLE health care services to the low income/poor this is going to spread through the work place in factory type settings and in low decile(income/finance) schools.

what generally presents first in this situation is critical to ER.
at this stage it is already out of control on the most parts as a source of that case.

while you/we/who-ever have gold plated government employees with money to burn kicking in doors to bust some arthritis sufferer for smoking a joint there is no aggressive policing of communicable disease where proactive oversight(intelligent, dare i bother wasting my text) management and control.

i think in this time of recession, money is talking louder than logic and reason.

note this and my interest is not about attempting to stir up fear because i am not a religo nut bar seeking Armageddon(refer judgment day believers in your local society and those working towards helping and preparing for it) like many bible followers or Muslim extremists seeking the degradation of all women and freedom of expresion and knowledge, or some other type of institutionalized luny religion.

i raise this topic because i know the nature of man(and women you cant play hospital pass on this gender stereo typed definition)

r368616_1709151.jpg

i do not actually buy pork or seek to eat it(order it).
i will not "not" eat it if it is on a pizza or some such thing but i will not actually go out and buy it.
for some reason i just have a bit of an issue with it.
although im a bit of a sucker for bacon, although...
after having to swipe up blood and brain matter of a family member certain types of animal products really are a super big turn off.

i am not against pork farming or animal farming
however...
i am completely pro a move to eco farming of all animals, increasing the cost along with quality of the meat to off set the lower production rate and support a more regular smaller intake of meat for people at a higher premium price.

problem is that goes against multi national companys owning everything and raping the land and society in the process of making babyboomer fly by night profit margins.

bio/eco organic farming of all food bar things like wheat and corn crops is the only way of the future with an introduction of high tech computing into localised high tech organic farming to supply local markets with excess exported in even more high tech transport.

Back