Global Flood Model - Is anyone out there convinced?

Which model for the earth is true?

• Uniformitarian Model (Earth > Billions of years old)

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Global Flood Model (Earth is around 6,000 years old)

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

NDS

NDS
Registered Senior Member
So, after IAC's link to the "Great Explanation of the Global Flood Model," and after all of the brilliant arguments IAC has put forth, how many of you out there have been thoroughly convinced of the catastrophic "runaway" plate tectonics Global Flood Model as truth?

IAC? Brilliant? I'm sorry, but have you been asleep for twenty years? unless that's sarcasm. Can't tell on the internet. :/

I couldn't vote I'm not particularl partial to either.

I can't go with the Uniformitarian model....(but I do believe in a very old Earth who knows ho old earth...but the Uniformitarian ideas are lacking in much.

Obviously the Global flood had a massive effect on the Earth...but it doesn't give any suggestion that the Earth is litteraly 6,000 years old. Infact the grammar used in the account suggest anything but a litteral six days or 6,000 years.

That's not what Rabbis have said for thousands of years Saquist, and who would know better than they?

LOL. "If the Rabbis said it, it must be true." It's brilliant arguments like those which have really convinced everyone out there to believe in the Global Flood Model. Just look at the poll results. :rolleyes:

Actually, I voted for the Uniformitarian model. I said Saquist's argument was "solid," not "correct." The part that was "correct" was where Saquist stated that the earth must be much older than 6,000 years.

I don't recall the uniformitarian model being that the earth is billions of years old. I thought the uniformitarian model was that things happened slowly and gradually without much in the way of upheaval.

In fact, I recall trying to educate ice age civs about this a while back. They had trouble seeing that modern geology has absorbed and superseded both catastrophism and uniformitarianism.

Seriously NDS... just done a quick count with the search function and you've made 7 of these polls in the last month or two... Why???

One reason is because I keep forgetting to make the polls public and have to redo them.

Another is because I wanted a broad sample space of people so I posted polls in various respective forum categories.

And lastly, I wanted to update the results since new info has been presented since the last poll session.

Back