Ghost

Jessie

Registered Senior Member
Anyone has unexplainable experience which is related to ghost?
Do ghosts really exist??:m:

It 'll be probably moved to Pseuoscience forum....where you'll get amazing responses...there seem to many teleknetic, psychic, and telepathic members there;)

I have never seen a ghost, nor do i wish to:eek:

I personaly havent had any personal exsperiences but my gf's house is ocupied by the paranormal
a few years ago before they extended the house there was a small yard(now a laundry room) and children would play and laugh there(this realy creeps me out and i realy want to check for human remains there)
at night there is red eyes that will fallow her around and noises
theres other odd occurances too
she refuses to be left alone at night because of these things shes fine when they happen when shes not alone but they creep her out when shes home alone.

I havent had any experiences with ghosts, but i have a teacher who talks about them and is convinced they do exist, and i believe evreything he says. Im in search of my own paranormal experiences right now and I will be sure to post if anything happens.

I don't have any experiences with ghosts, but I do have experienses with people who get all freaked out by things that they think hey see out of the corner of their eyes, or strange noises as the house settles at night :p

I've never seen one, but in college, I had a discussion about Ghosts w/ my bio teacher. it ended when I asked "If there is concious matter, why can't there be concious energy?" Niether of us could answer that one.

I started a thread somewhere around here on that, but I forget where I put it...

so I say, I have no clue if they exist. I have no evidence either way, and there is no reason I can think of why the *wouldn't* exist. so maybe.

then again, maybe not. no idea.

I dont know BUT

it would seem that entertaining the possibilty of any thing non coporal is more frighting than their existance would be any reasoning humanbeing.

as well as any thing paranormal or not wich their tiny minds can only barely contemplate.

with respect
:cool:

Originally posted by river-wind
it ended when I asked "If there is concious matter, why can't there be concious energy?" Niether of us could answer that one.

Or did he end the conversation because he realized that you didn't belong in a college level biology class?

Consciousness as we know it doesn't exist as a purely material process, it, like all motion, and really just about any physical occurrence is a combination of matter and energy. All life processes are matter in motion, it's never just matter or just energy. So for there to be a being of conscious energy it would have to have mastered some sort of form of consciousness completely unlike any other form of cognition which we are familiar with (as both matter and energy are completely inseparable parts of the various cognitive processes of our nervous system). Also there's the matter of cohesion. . . how would a being of energy manage to stay together when energy is always flitting around and changing from one form to another? That'd be something I'd like to know.

laws=laws

Originally posted by Mystech
Or did he end the conversation because he realized that you didn't belong in a college level biology class?

Consciousness as we know it doesn't exist as a purely material process, it, like all motion, and really just about any physical occurrence is a combination of matter and energy. All life processes are matter in motion, it's never just matter or just energy. So for there to be a being of conscious energy it would have to have mastered some sort of form of consciousness completely unlike any other form of cognition which we are familiar with (as both matter and energy are completely inseparable parts of the various cognitive processes of our nervous system). Also there's the matter of cohesion. . . how would a being of energy manage to stay together when energy is always flitting around and changing from one form to another? That'd be something I'd like to know.

Conservation of energy " energy is neither created or destroyed only changed from to another"

Conservation of matter " matter is neither created or destroyed only changed from to another"

Enter atom bomb
and
Matter converts to energy
therefore
Matter = energy
therefore
Energy = mater

With respect

Evreyone keeps refering to science for answers. This is all paranormal which are things science cant explain

Indeed... Science can't always explain it. Unfortunetly, some scientists tend to dismiss anything they can't test. One need not be reminded that science is meant to look for a particular type of phenomenon and only works with certain types of evidence.

A friend of mine is a biologist, and she believes in Ghosts and apprehentions. She teaches at a community college, and has been interviewed for some significant research positions.

blakeimus

too true!
science is a tool not a big rubber stamp with a cross on it saying "no does not happen".
science has yet to identify what a personality is!
or where it resides or why or how it is formed.

so science is only as good as the biggest form of biggotry held in the mind of the self acclaimed scientist.

groove on all :)

Originally posted by Mystech

Ouch. The conversation ended because we had already covered what you mention in paragraph #2, so there was no point re-iterating it. Yes matter and energy are combined to form what we know as the universe. We already went over this in the other thread, remember?

The question about cohesion is a good one, however; I'd say that's the best argument against the possability of energy-based consciousness.

edit:removed a random extra word.

Last edited:
This is something that I have thought of before, believe it or not. What about Ball Lightning? It is an electromagnetic phenomenon that keeps cohesion even when passing through the walls of airplanes. It does not need matter to maintain it's shape. Similarly, Earth Lights may also be an EM phenomenon which maintains it's own shape. Their are examples of at least short-term EM phenomenon that can maintain their shape.

Suppose ghosts and apprehentions were EM fields which somehow maintain their cohesion long-term? Plenty of Paranormal investigators claim to detect EM fields in the spot that a psychic spots the Ghost. Think about this too: When we die, their is still an EM field in the brain that takes months and months to dissapate after the body stops functioning. What allows this field, while decaying, to remain for so long?

Last edited:
Originally posted by blakeimus
Evreyone keeps refering to science for answers. This is all paranormal which are things science cant explain

if matter = energy and energy= matter then they are two forms of the same thing.

Consciousness as we know it doesn't exist as a purely material process, it, like all motion, and really just about any physical occurrence is a combination of matter and energy

matter+ energy is same as energy low form +energy higher form{one of free states}

Consciousness = elf+ ehf

This is all paranormal which are things science has not explained yet. but will as long as science explores the paranormal which will then make it normal.

with respect

Here is one

I had an experience that nobody has been able to explain. Last May I was driving with my team through a remote jungle area. Suddenly there was this guy walking along the road, wearing a T-Shirt with letters on it (I remembered the writing) and copper-colored shorts. We debated a bit whether it would be safe to give him a lift, but when he did not turn or react to our car we just drove by. After a few kilometers we had the same situation: guy with the same T-Shirt and copper-colored shorts walking along the road, not reacting to our car. We looked at each other and drove by. After again some time he appeared again. Same guy for sure. Walking like there was no car in the middle of a jungle.

We have never talked about this....
Of course there are a lot of explanations, but it is still eerie...

Back