Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everybody

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

Tiassa

Let us not launch the boat ...
Valued Senior Member
General's Comments Draw Fire (CBS News)
. . . . Lt. Gen. William G. Boykin, whose promotion and appointment was confirmed by the Senate in June, has said publicly that he sees the war on terrorism as a clash between Judeo-Christian values and Satan, the Los Angeles Times reported Thursday.

Appearing in dress uniform before a religious group in Oregon in June, Boykin said Islamic extremists hate the United States "because we're a Christian nation, because our foundation and our roots are Judeo-Christians . . . . And the enemy is a guy named Satan" . . . .

. . . . Audio and video tapes of Boykin's public appearances before religious groups over the past two years were obtained exclusively by NBC News, which reported on them Wednesday night on the "Nightly News" with Tom Brokaw.

Discussing a U.S. Army battle against a Muslim warlord in Somalia in 1993, Boykin told one audience, "I knew my god was bigger than his. I knew that my god was a real god and his was an idol."
Ummmmmm .... :bugeye:

Did he get hold of some of that "jet-fuel" crank?

Okay, okay, look ... point being ... um ... yeah.

Look, this is part of the problem with religion in the United States. Some people actually do think like this. When these are the folks leading the way, I have to admit that the case for forced atheism becomes much stronger.

With armies at his command, it would appear that Boykin doesn't even know who he's fighting against.

Back