Gcse's And A-levels, Pupils Getting Brainer Or Exams Getting Easier?

Peter Griffin

RammsteinShriner
Registered Senior Member
TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK
I GET MY RESULTS IN 2 DAYS AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK - PUPILS GETTING BRAINER OR EXAMS GETTING EASIER?
P.S Do you think I will do well?

When I did GCE O and A levels in the 60s no course work was ever included. The result of two years of work on each subject rested entirely on a 3 hour exam at the end of the two year period. If you screw up on the exam then you are toast.

In that sense you definitely have things much easier now.

But I have watched two of my kids go through the British process and my eldest, who is now 20 went through the USA High School system. To my mind the US system is far superior to the British with far less reliance on exams. American kids have things fairer but almost every peice of work is assessed for a final single HS graduation grade.

Last edited:
Can't wait til Thursday. Gonna get me results then eat Pizza all nite while playing computer gameswith my bestest friends (no, brolly isn't there).

I'll let you know how I did,

good

i'll probably be in the computer talking to you guys

and play JKII (jedi knight 2) online

and Thor may the Schwarz be with YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAGAGAGAGAGAGUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the older people usually say that the kids get it easier nowadays. A would say no - in the scottish exam system you gotta pass all the individual units to even sit the exam, then the exam determines your overall grade.

I think the exams were easierthan I once thought. Well, I won't know how easy til Thursday

Good luck to all people getting results. :)

Apparently A Levels are the hardest exams out of all of them.

I think they shouldn't be so exam based though, but I guess with any form of assessment, there's no guarantee you'll not forget what you learnt. :rolleyes:

Back