Fusion electricity generator that works!

extrasense

Registered Senior Member
Here is the design of nuclear fusion electricity reactor, that works, and is safe.

The reaction used is:

Boron-11 + Hydrogen => 3 He4
Yeild = 2.46 * 3 MeV

No dangerous neutrones and gamma rays!
Produces electricity directly, no termal intermediate steps!

BoronH-fusion.JPG

eS

Wow, you've solved the world's energy crisis single-handedly.
Unless of course it doesn't actually work...

You had the gall in a previous thread of yours to tell me I'm not good enough to be a real scientist, and then you post trash like this stupid contraption as if we're not supposed to laugh at it? Give me a break.

Don't you need.. a reactor ?

The thing is a "reactor". It is a large vacuum tube.

One electrode is made of boron, say 1kG of it, connected to negative.

Other electrode is made say of palladium, connected to positive, and connected to hydrogen under pressure , and heated - so it is a source of protons H+.

The voltage applied is 0.6 MegaVolt.
So the protons are accelerated toward the boron, and reach it at energy 0.6MeV, which is optimal for the intended reaction between Boron and proton, which produces three alpfa particles He4+, with total energy 7.4 MeV

No heat is generated, alpha particles reach the enveloping output electrode, producing charge of +6e on it, by capturing six electrons from the output electrode .

It is not shown, but resulting helium must be removed, for continious process to occur.

1kG of boron, will produce total of 17.7 GWh of energy.

In other words, for 17 hours it can substitute for a standard gigawatt nuclear power reactor.

In other words, with 516 kg of boron, it can substitute for a standard gigawatt nuclear power plant reactor for a year.

e:)s

Last edited:
...thermal losses associated with this system are clearly none of course

The termal losses will be small - some heating of the boron electrode will occur because not 100% of protons will react with boron as intended. Cooling of the boron electrode must take care of that. It is like with your x-ray tube.

eS

At least the circuit looks correct in principle, albeit messy and convoluted. It looks like a simplified atom smasher if anything, and I doubt such a simplistic design could ever work in practice. You'd probably get a very low intensity beam of protons, if anything, and most of the time they wouldn't collide the way you'd want them to, wasting huge amounts of energy. How you plan to harvest such fusion reactions in order to efficiently draw electrons from the ground is also completely unspecified, nevermind how you would contain such reactions on a large scale. If it was as easy as you make it out to be, it probably would have been done already, but if you really think it's so straightforward, then prove us all wrong and get rich.

draw electrons from the ground

1. If you've paid attention, in this setup electrons flow from the nerative/boron/ electrode through user circuit to the positive electrode of tube.

2. The energy "harvesting" happens in this design, when reaction produced fast 2.46 MeV alpha particles, move from the boron electrode against the electric field 2.46 eV toward the enveloping electrode.

3. Intensity of beam of protons needed, is very low - so its creation is not a problem

4. "It probably would have been done already" - it might have been, but I am not aware of that.

e:)s

If your plan is to harvest electrons by knocking them off your Boron electrode, then this electrode would quickly become positively charged to the point where the reaction is no longer strong enough to push electrons through the output to ground. It would be like charging a high voltage capacitor, assuming your fusion reaction was even occuring frequently enough to be useful in the first place. Whatever energy was generated inside thereafter would be wasted as heat. And your output wouldn't be 2.46MV unless every single proton were colliding and reacting exactly as desired, resulting in the required electron ejection every time.

Where does the Boron-11 come from? And the hydrogen?

You put in 500 kg of Boron-11, once a year, for 1 GW generator.

You need 50 kg of Hydrogen a year, for 1 GW generator.

How do you create protons from hydrogen, how you store it - is a technical challenge, but it can be done.

es

If your plan is to harvest electrons by knocking them off your Boron electrode..

Not at all.
Quite opposite, instead the fast alpha paticles are emmited, as result of fusion reaction in Boron electrode.
They are collected by enveloping electrode.

Each reaction leaves two more electons on the Boron electrode, not less.

eS

Not at all.
Quite opposite, instead the fast alpha paticles are emmited, as result of fusion reaction in Boron electrode.
They are collected by enveloping electrode.

Each reaction leaves two more electons on the Boron electrode, not less.

eS

Then what happens to the two free electrons generated with every alpha particle? What's to stop them from replacing the ones that get knocked off the electrode, so that no electric power is generated?

On top of that, I think there are far too many technical difficulties you simply gloss over, and that in practice either you wouldn't get fusion reactions nearly as frequently as you want, or your power supply or electrode would melt, or you'd reach breakdown voltage so that your proton gradient is ruined by electrons going the other way. Think about how much effort was spent on the Tokamak and subsequent reactors- obviously they start the reaction by smashing particles together at high energies, but clearly it's much, much more complicated to start, control and maintain than you make it out to be. To the tune of billions of dollars.

Anyhow I see you redesigned your apparatus, so I'll have another look and see if at least it makes some improvements.

not to piss in anyone's pot but it seems to be missing the 2 key factors in nuclear fusion heat and pressure

Back