From whence came the Intelligent Designer.

Dinosaur

Rational Skeptic
Valued Senior Member
Do the Intelligent Design folks have an explanation for how the ID came into existence?

Those who support ID usually adhere to the notion that the Intelligent Designer is God. Given that the classical statements about God are true, Omnipotent, Omnibenevolent, Omniscient, Omnipresent, Omnijust, Eternal, Divine, Infinite, Pure Act, ect..., then there need be no explanation for the origin of such a one. This is because such a one would, in fact, have no origin, and so no explanation is possible. Actually, only two components need be necessary to show this: God's eternality, and God's infinity.

No. "It" is the uncaused cause. "It" is clearly god, although they try real hard to hide that fact (for clearly disingenuous reasons). Bastards.

They're trying to sucker punch the school system with an old idea by Paley. Sounds noble and intelligent, but it's really a cheap way to pull the wool over someone's eyes.

Bad Christains...bad!

No, I don't understand "eternal" or "infinite". I can't imagine an existence outside of the confines of time as we know it here, but that's not really surprising to me...it's all I've known.

And it's not just Christians that believe in a Creator.

but there all different creators lori, which one would be the right.
would'nt it make more sense to say none.

DarkEyedBeauty said:
God could be existence itself?

So word god should be redefined? Seems to me that there's already a word for existence. Gods are deities. Is existence a deity? How do you know either way?

beyondtimeandspace said:
Those who support ID usually adhere to the notion that the Intelligent Designer is God. Given that the classical statements about God are true, Omnipotent, Omnibenevolent, Omniscient, Omnipresent, Omnijust, Eternal, Divine, Infinite, Pure Act, ect..., then there need be no explanation for the origin of such a one. This is because such a one would, in fact, have no origin, and so no explanation is possible. Actually, only two components need be necessary to show this: God's eternality, and God's infinity.

God is the athropomorphization of nature.

wesmorris said:
So word god should be redefined? Seems to me that there's already a word for existence. Gods are deities. Is existence a deity? How do you know either way?

Well the word God is just a symbol for something, but it is something that is unknown. Therefore, there should actually be no symbol, this is too assertive. So if God turns out to be something we already know...eh...no changing the word...it was just a false assumption.

DarkEyedBeauty said:
Well the word God is just a symbol for something, but it is something that is unknown. Therefore, there should actually be no symbol, this is too assertive. So if God turns out to be something we already know...eh...no changing the word...it was just a false assumption.

Ask a christian if it's a symbol for something that's unknown. Please make sure I'm not there when you do it. I think I adequately described the reality of god above.

pavlosmarcos said:
but there all different creators lori, which one would be the right.
would'nt it make more sense to say none.

No, it would only make more sense to say one, and that no one is "right" about Him entirely, which makes sense, since there is much we don't know in comparison or in relation to Him.

Dinosaur said:
Do the Intelligent Design folks have an explanation for how the ID came into existence?
Here's a funny alternative (mocking ID):
http://www.venganza.org/
It's bloody fucking hilarious. Flying Spaghetti Monster!
shirt100.jpg

Intelligent Design is logically incoherent.

Of all it's implications, the one that should raise a stink most is that any postulated "Designer" who is responsible for "all the design we see around us" must necessarily be so complex that He/She/It too is designed by some other "Designer" which must also necessarily be designed.. by another one.. which must also necessarily be denied..

Ad infinitum.

dalahar said:
You try to explain God? God's complexity rises above your ability to think.

IMO, to the extreme that the very idea of god is completely irrelevant.

How is the comparison valid? Two distinctly different things. Your dad for instance, is tangible.

Back