From the little screen to the big screen and only 200 million bucks to make!!!

Welcome to Sciforums xaliasslayer.

I myself can't think of very many. Most of the ones that should have been, already have been. Here is a small list that I think would make it though.

"The Unlighted Road" What ended up being James Dean's last television role was presented on the anthology program Schlitz Playhouse of the Stars'. The 1955 production was an excellent one (by TV standards) - with Dean portraying a drifter who finds he's in over his head with some shifty locals. Viewers that night were treated to an emerging superstar at his peak, playing the type of role that eventually transformed him into an enduring American icon. A different ending to the story would have to be written in though, it was way to cheesy.

"Have Gun, Will Travel" "Paladin, Paladin where do you roam?
Paladin, Paladin where do you call home?
Have gun, will travel reads the card of the man…
A knight without armor in a savage land…" His gunfights and fisticuffs were certainly old school Old West, but Paladin was more complex than most of the TV cowboys. When he marched into the roughest parts of the roughest towns, he'd get the job done, but when he wasn’t on the job, he made the swanky Hotel Carlton in San Francisco his home. And there, he partook liberally of all of life’s finer accoutrements—art, women, good bourbon and good literature. As a West Point grad, he knew his history, he could quote from the Greeks and the Romantic poets…be it to charm a lady friend or teach some shady character a little something about Socratic right and wrong. Paladin was nobody’s ‘aw, shucks’ cowboy.

Peace

Thanks for the welcome. And second... those are some great ideas! Very orginal. Hmmmm, well for me, they already made a movie of x-files, and are possibly making a second. This might be kinda silly, but I think I would have liked to see a movie version of the old show MacGyver. And I think this is the chick side of me talking, but there was also an old TV show called Beauty and the Beast with Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton. I would have loved a movie of that. The show was so beautiful. But back to more recent stuff, I would love to see them make a movie from the show ALIAS. Great show, if you haven't seen it. I'll try to find a link. Hmmmm, anything else? I'm going to keep thinking.

I don't think I'd like to see any TV show become a movie...turning something good and wholesome into a 2 hour long thing?
hmmm..:bugeye: :D

Back