Friday Night Sermon 05-31-02

ISDAMan

Thank You Jesus!
Registered Senior Member
Hi there,

There’ll be just a short FNS this week. I’ve just been looking back at my life and noticing some things.

Job 5:17, KJV
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty:

Ever remember how your mom would say, “I hope you have one just like you!”, referring to your future parental blessing [aggravation]? Well, you know, I think that really does often happen. But there are other people in our lives that can fit into that “just like me” kind of role that aggravates us all the same. Remember what Jesus told us about cleaning the speck out of someone else’s eye?

I don’t know about you but, when I want someone to behave a certain way and they don’t, it can really be upsetting. I have to wonder if God places some or all of these people in sensitive areas of our lives to show us the faults within us. It’s often the things that we hate most for ourselves that we most dislike in others. We can ask, “Why?”. We can be hostile. We can turn a blind eye and pretend that all is just fine. Yet, Christ gave us the real fix to this kind of bad situation. We need to be honest about our own faults and flaws and then be compassionate to help others in theirs.

In closing, before you really let that someone have it for whatever reason, try to look at it from another angle. See what you can learn about you and then deal with it through the matter. Then, be a help and not a hammer to the other person in their flaw.

Hope It Helps,
ISDAMan

Back