Freedom!

Mucker

Great View!
Registered Senior Member
John 8:32 :: New International Version (NIV)
"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
John 8:32 :: King James Version (KJV)
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
Any interpretations?? It is my opinion America has misinterpreted this (the cowards they are), and God in general.

What are your interpretations of this passage??

That achieving knowledge/or a higher state of mind shall remove your fear of death.

You know, they say that people who live in fear are slaves to their fright.

hhmm, cue a discussion on possible eastern though influences in the bible.

Originally posted by Mucker
Any interpretations?? It is my opinion America has misinterpreted this (the cowards they are), and God in general.
And what do you claim is the uniquely American (and cowardly) interpretation?

The Jehovah Witnesses regard their religion as the "Truth". By believing in the truth you increase your chances for afterlife. The "truth" in this case is JW's intepretation of the scriptures. According to JWs only they have the corner on the truth.

So if anyone out there wants the truth,better join the JWs.

We know that all truth comes from God. Well if you look at the doctrin and failed prophesies of the JW's they can be pretty much ruled out as falsehood.

Okinrus,

We know that all truth comes from God.
No we don’t. Name and prove just ONE truth that comes from a god, and that cannot come from a more credible source?

Well if you look at the doctrin and failed prophesies of the JW's they can be pretty much ruled out as falsehood.
I agree, but can you quote any claimed prophecy from a non-JW Christian source that has come true?

Back