Free your minds fools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cortex_Colossus

Banned
Banned
PART 1

"That in whom reside all beings and who resides in all beings, who is the giver of grace to all, the Supreme Soul of the universe, the limitless being -- I am that." - Amritbindu Upanishad

"That which permeates all, which nothing transcends and which, like the universal space around us, fills everything completely from within and without, that Supreme non-dual Brahman -- that thou art." - Sankaracharya

"The seeker is he who is in search of himself. Give up all questions except one: "Who am I?" After all, the only fact you are sure of is that you are. The "I am" is certain. The "I am this" is not. Struggle to find out what you are in reality. To know what you are, you must first investigate and know what you are not. Discover all that you are not -- body, feelings thoughts, time, space, this or that -- nothing, concrete or abstract, which you perceive can be you. The very act of perceiving shows that you are not what you perceive. The clearer you understand on the level of mind you can be described in negative terms only, the quicker will you come to the end of your search and realise that you are the limitless being". - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

http://www.sankaracharya.org/i_am_that.php

I just can't get into all those weird freaky belief systems where I can't even pronounce half the words/people/deities.

Can't Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj just change his name to Bob or something? :D

I agree with SnakeLord, that post is too much trouble on the eyes to be worth the while. :p

PART 1

"That in whom reside all beings and who resides in all beings, who is the giver of grace to all, the Supreme Soul of the universe, the limitless being -- I am that." - Amritbindu Upanishad

"That which permeates all, which nothing transcends and which, like the universal space around us, fills everything completely from within and without, that Supreme non-dual Brahman -- that thou art." - Sankaracharya

"The seeker is he who is in search of himself. Give up all questions except one: "Who am I?" After all, the only fact you are sure of is that you are. The "I am" is certain. The "I am this" is not. Struggle to find out what you are in reality. To know what you are, you must first investigate and know what you are not. Discover all that you are not -- body, feelings thoughts, time, space, this or that -- nothing, concrete or abstract, which you perceive can be you. The very act of perceiving shows that you are not what you perceive. The clearer you understand on the level of mind you can be described in negative terms only, the quicker will you come to the end of your search and realise that you are the limitless being". - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

http://www.sankaracharya.org/i_am_that.php

if there is no distinction in potency between the living entity and the omnipotent cause of all creation, how on earth did we enter into the medium of illusion (since illusion must be a subservient potency of the absolute)?

A bit of background on why Sripad Sankacharya is an expansion of Lord Siva

Padma Puräna, Uttara-khanda (62.31)
“[Addressing Lord Siva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead said:] ‘Please make the general populace averse to Me by imagining your own interpretation of the Vedas. Also, cover Me in such a way that people will take more interest in advancing material civilization just to propagate a population bereft of spiritual knowledge.’

Padma Puräna, Uttara-khanda (25.7).
“[Lord Siva informed goddess Durgä, the superintendent of the material world:] ‘In the Age of Kali I take the form of a brähmana and explain the Vedas through false scriptures in an atheistic way, similar to Buddhist philosophy.’”

however Sankaracharya's final composition comes more in line with the real nature of Sivaji

SB 12.13.16: Just as the Gańgā is the greatest of all rivers, Lord Acyuta the supreme among deities and Lord Śambhu [Śiva] the greatest of Vaiṣṇavas, so Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam is the greatest of all Purāṇas.

Last edited:
Then might I ask that you spend some time looking over the forum rules - specifically:

"Therefore, we ask that posters abide by the following guidelines:
· All quotes from other sites must be attributed (e.g. by posting a link to the site).
· Quoted text should be restricted to a few lines or a paragraph unless the poster is quoting the text along with his or her, own detailed analysis (interspersed with the text)."

You can find them here: http://www.sciforums.com/announcement.php?f=22

Further from that I would ask if there is actually something you wanted to discuss? Both posts you have made here just quote large blocks of text from external sources without you so much as saying a word or providing a reason as to why you have pasted them. If you don't want to discuss any specific issues then you're probably in the wrong place.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back