to create an 'intelligent' -i.e. pattern-discerning -machine,
we are gonna need to basically reverse-engineer the human
soul ~yeah?
(yeah, hold off on the antireligious crit. for just long enough
to think about it for a moment...)
cuz look: humanity; life, is basically the limited, iterative expressioning
of infinity. isn't it?
what i'm tryin to get at is:
AI depends upon the formal description of how matter, energy, and mind (identity?)
interrelate.
That's the 'holy grail' basically; the 'unified field,' and it's coming, so say some...
links:
http://www.kurzweilai.net/meme/frame.html?m=1
www.setaihedron.net

=b

Well look life starts of simple and during the struggle to survive, improves upon itself, inteligence come very late in the piece, so what is the point of forcing inteligence upon something which has none, if we suceed do you think it will be happy to do our bidding, and computers are solid state, our brain can map new connections, over and over we can learn from pain pleasure loss gain punishment reward, a computer has only two states binary on and off, so it can only know functionality or the void of nonexistence, inteligence is a dangerous thing when applied to metal moving parts, they feel no pain and are able to cut us, I think we should not try to apply human style inteligence into machines, because we are flawed and all we create is flawed, A machine with emotion is not a good thing!

Rom said:
computers are solid state, our brain can map new connections, over and over we can learn from pain pleasure loss gain punishment reward, a computer has only two states binary on and off

This is not the case with software.
It is the dyanmic software that runs on the solid state computers that they are trying to make "intelligent".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back