For tiassa

Will

Registered Member
I think your description of religion is misplaced at least where I am concerned.

Some years ago you wrote:

You hold the Bible to be an eye-witness account of happenings in Israel some two millennia ago. Then, by the same logic, why do you not hold the Koran to be just as true? We can't know many things for sure when researching history: maybe Herodotus, the Greek historian, invented everything he wrote from thin air? Or maybe he never existed in the first place?

Why not? The issue then is that either "Gabriel" was a faker or Jesus was. Sorry, it's not that simple. And if you're seriously suggesting that it is a real possibility that Herodotus did not exist, you're far beyond help and
living in a world where any conspiracy is plausible.

doubt, to some extent based on historical happenings, but no serious scholar (who isn't a Christian) would argue that it should be taken as literary fact.

Begs the question of course as to what is and could be serious.

did you know that Christmas isn't based on the Bible? That is, the date of Jesus' birth is not mentioned in the Bible. It was not until 530 C.E. that the monk Dionysos Exigus fixed the date of Jesus' birth to December 25th. This was because several pagan gods (e.g. Hercules son of Zeus, Bacchus god of wine and the Persian light-god Mithra) were already supposed to have been born on that day, so it was a convenient date to use. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the followers of Mithra believed he had been born of a virgin, had twelve followers, performed miracles, was killed and resurrected, and functioned as mankind's savior.

Um, PLEASE! http://www.tektonics.org/tekton_04_02_04_MMM.html -- Everyone of those idiotic claims have been debunked years ago. Mithraic scholarship has grown up past the 19th century freethinkers who made these asinine claims. Satan?
No, he's too smart to have been involved in such an embarrassing farce.

Dionysius/Bacchus too: http://www.tektonics.org/tekton_04_02_04_DDD.html and
Herc is not even a candidate.

Address the Mithra article linked above and tell me why it is wrong and why Mithraic scholars are wrong.

Will

I would ask that you kindly review the topic in question again.

You need to remind me which one. I get dozens of letters a week and don't remember them all from the past.

Er ....

You have piqued my curiosity.

(1) Where did you get the text in question, then?
(2) Dozens of letters ... okay? I'm just missing the connection between that sentence and the one that came before it. However, that's rather beside the point, I admit.

However, those issues are perhaps best left to another day. Click here.

Last edited:
Back