for those against STATE execution

Quagmire said:
take a good long look at this link, then take a good long look at yourselves.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/4967550.stm
i don't think anyone objects to murderers being put to death.
the problem with executions is that no system of justice is perfect
sooner or later you are going to have an innocent person convicted of murder and or torture or whatever.
what then?
would you execute an innocent person?

I think brain surgery would be a better option for stuff like this, y'know, rather than death. I think brain surgery has alot of potential to solve stuff like this, but obviously, then, there are alot of moral dilemmas that would crop up with that.

Naat said:
This sound more like a asylum case, rather than execution. Should we kill lunatics?

should we kill lunatics? - what a fantastic question, it is entirely dependent on the classification of 'lunatic' the manner in which the public is checked for 'lunacy' and the crimes they may or may not have commit.

***lunatic
adj.

1. Suffering from lunacy; insane.
2. Of or for the insane.
3. Wildly or giddily foolish: a lunatic decision.
4. Characterized by lunacy or eccentricity.***

Does the law have a duty to society to protect it from lunatics.

Are all lunatics dangerous, i would have all the criminally lunatic / criminally insane put to death in an instant.

leopold99 said:
i don't think anyone objects to murderers being put to death.
the problem with executions is that no system of justice is perfect
sooner or later you are going to have an innocent person convicted of murder and or torture or whatever.
what then?
would you execute an innocent person?

clear, concise and a decent point as well. kudos.

This is a question of faith, faith in the judiciary process -

'sooner or later you are going to have an innocent person convicted of murder and or torture or whatever.
what then?'

- would you take all liberty from an innocent person, imprison them with the degenerate scum of the earth for the rest of their life.

i like to believe that the british judicial system convicts more guilty persons than it does supposed innocents.

the death penalty, isnt something i would have used by default, but there are certainly cases where it is essential, whereas in some cases it wouldnt be mentioned, never mind used.

phrogget said:
I think brain surgery would be a better option for stuff like this, y'know, rather than death. I think brain surgery has alot of potential to solve stuff like this, but obviously, then, there are alot of moral dilemmas that would crop up with that.

go on, i will indulge you... do continue

Back