For His sake!

Morteza Olangui

Enemy of the people
Registered Senior Member
Hello!
Years ago when we, in this part of the world I live, were children we did not have running water. In the small yards of our houses we had little ponds, 2x2x1 meters. A little bigger or smaller than this. We filled it with water coming from a waterway. After a while we had to change this water.
There were poor people with a buckle who passed through the alleys and shouted that they were ready to empty the pond for a little some of money.
Once we invited one of them to our house to do this job. It was a relatively hard job. Sometimes my father and I did it. But this man was very desperate and tired of this nasty world of ours.
When he got his money he did not thank God like many people
nowaday do. Instead he said : If I could reach God I would have killed him. I still remember him and that most philosophical statement.

Originally posted by Morteza Olangui
When he got his money he did not thank God like many people
nowaday do. Instead he said : If I could reach God I would have killed him. I still remember him and that most philosophical statement.
It may be something to do with how much money you paid for his tough work. :D

..or thats why God is elusive to avoid being attacked by most of the people on this earth or to avoid He killing most of the people in such encounters.:D

It reminds me of this story and why God is dead.

The Nobel Prize winner Elie Weisel had lived only for God during his childhood in Hungary; his life had been shaped by the disciplines of the Talmud and he had hoped one day to be initiated into the mysteries of Kabbalah. As a boy, he was taken to Auschwitz and later to Buchenwald. During his first night in the death camp, watching the black smoke coiling to the sky from the crematorium where the bodies of his mother and sister were to be thrown, he knew that the flames had consumed his faith for ever. He was in a world which was the objective correlative of the Godless world imagined by Nietzsche. 'Never should I forget that nocturnal silence which deprived me, for all eternity, of the desire to live', he wrote years later. 'Never shall I forget these moments which murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to dust.

One day the Gestapo hanged a child. Even the SS were disturbed by the prospect of hanging a young boy in front of thousands of spectators. The child who, Weisel recalled, had the face of a 'sad-eyed angel', was silent, lividly pale and almost calm as he ascended the gallows. Behind Weisel, one of the other prisoners asked: 'Where is God? Where is He? It took the child half an hour to die, while the prisoners were forced to look him in the face. The same man asked again: 'Where is God now?' And Weisel heard a voice within him make this answer: 'Where is He? Here He is - He is hanging here on this gallows.'

Back