flowing toothache

curioucity

Unbelievable and odd
Registered Senior Member
Hello fellas

I have a problem here. Since this midday (yep, it hasn't lasted long), everytime I drink, one of my tooth aches for awhile before subduing itself. Any help? I hate it when I get some stupid things when I expected it the least. Thanks

just sensitive teeth i suppose, it happens to me when i get sugar stuck in my teeth. damn hurts

Hmmm, thanks. This problem has been getting less annoying tahn it was earlier today.... maybe you're right.

Maybe you should try a special toothpaste for sensitive teeth. Helps build a coating.

Could it be that it has a cavity or that a cavity is beginning to form, ie. the enamel on that tooth is getting really thin?
Or did you get a tooth filling recently?

(I have 12 tooth-fillings, so I know what I'm talking about.:eek:)

Hypercane: Well, not a bad suggestion anyway. Let me see later if I can buy any.
And Rosa, no, the last time I had my tooth filled is like 2 years ago..... and about this toothache (which happens to be in the front teeth-row), well, it hurts in the tooth itself, maybe that enamel matter can go into account, I dunno............. darn, and dentists are so expensive here:(

Curioucity,

I warmly suggest that you change your eating habits -- I remember you said you like to crush ice with your teeth. I'm telling you: stop doing this.

Teeth are strong, but they are also immensely delicate. Eating very hot or very cold food is *not* good for your teeth. Don't play with them. No artifical prosthetic tooth can ever be as good as the natural.

John,

I have about 12 fillings in my upper jaw alone!

Are you serious?! How come?

(I have two in my upper two's for preventive reasons (the teeth are shaped in a stupid way, they have a sort of a deep fissure), about 8 I got because of "fashion" -- when I was a tenager, it was hip to have the fissures filled for preventive reasons with a white filling. Well, that "preventive filling" got cracks, collected caries -- and then I had to get real fillings. Damn.)

RosaMagika said:
Are you serious?! How come?

Coz I'm an asthmatic and when I was younger, I was on huge doses of inhaled steroids which affects the growth and hardness of teeth. That, and my diet is very poor!

John,

I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

But you should by all means eat well! Or I'll come up to Ireland and look to it that you eat properly! :)

Back