fleeting dreams

ubermich

amnesiac . . .
Registered Senior Member
how do you retain your dreams? i know i have dreams. most are disturbing, anxiety-provoking dreams, so i wake up feeling uncomfortable sometimes. but right when i do, i either forget the dream or it starts to die very quickly. how do you force yourself to retain them?

I don't know if you can make yourself recall them. I have always been able to remember my dreams, at least a great many of them. Regardless of whether you recall them or not, if they leave you with feelings of anxiety, you should probably figure out what's unsettling about your daily life and change it.

write down everything you remember about the dream as soon as you wake up, then you'll remember most of it!

When i first started trying to remember dreams , I kept telling myself to right them down, hehe but I never did. But I was still able to remember them. I dont try to actually remember them I just see them. Usually the ones that are happy good dreams are harder for me to see when I wake . But the bad ones are always easy. Which I might understand.

I know I wasnt much help, but maybe you should start writing them down, or just sleep a lot with the idea of waking and remembering cuz practice makes perfect hehe.

Bye

I think it just takes time. I too would wake up and think of the dream I just had only to forget it a minute later. As you try more and more to remember your dreams you will succeed. I would always go to work in the mornings and e-mail my gf at the time or someone about my dream. And ever since I've started recording my dreams I've been able to better remember them. There are those everynow and then that will slip through if I don't jot them down right away :p

Thats cool, I hope your having good dreams. I remember when I first got into this stuff I was trying to Astral Project and instead I was able to remember dreams very clear most of times. Are you able to interact in your dreams?

There was one instance where I was able to interact in my dreams. By interacting, I mean I was able to choose what I did. You know how there is that small delay when you experience something? Like when someone surprises you, you get the impulse to jump back. Well, there is that split microsecond between someone scaring you and you jumping back. In my dream I knew I was in control because it was the other way around. I was being spied on by cameras as I was climbing a building. Just as I sensed the cameras turning my way I shot an impulse to my mind telling me to fly away as to avoid the camera. I made myself fly away whereas if I was experiencing my dream I would fly away and then realize that I flew away. Catch my drift? Anyhow, when I woke up I was astonished that I could vividly control my dreams like that. That dream is part of why I am here :)

hehe wierd dream you had there. where you watching spider man before you dreamt lol. You used your spider senses hehe =).
But it sounded pretty fun. Im here or into this stuff also cuz of a dream I had long time ago also , but it was scary realisticly scary.
I had wierd dream last night I think it was more like many dreams I guess, cuz the scenes kept changing. But the first was longest. Me and some friends there where 3 of us all together, we were riding something not sure cuz first we were on bikes then on a truck then at end a dump truck... lol. But we were being chased by people on motorcycles. I remember I got split up from everyone else so I hid in some bushes, my ride magically gone somehow, and the chasers rode by but 1 found me and there was a fight , right now I'm thinking why was I fighting. But when in the fight my hands were changed into something shiny like a crystal ball or something and i beat him with it. Then I was on top of a dump truck with a guy that looked like Jackie Chan driving LOL! It was wierd even though it wasnt first time , but I was also in the passenger side.
Then the dream changed and I was over a river in a big forest but it wasnt like any normal forest it was bright colors it was beautiful, anyway I was on a wooden bridge that had no rails and there was a small white goat on it with me, and I saw 2 hawks flying around calling each other.
Dream changed again and I was on an open green field with clear skies. The place looked something like where someone would make a farm. But up ahead was a big dome. Then I was in it Inside there were many scientiest it looked like a laboratory with computers and screens on the walls and there was a big skinny white plane with a pointy nose. The scientists were gathered around this big comupter that reached the roof with wires coming out of the ground and top of it. They were doing something I don't know.
Then the dream changed again. I was at this big house and was at the back where this big swimming pool was. There were 2 people playing games in it I think. And they wanted me to play with them but I couldnt cuz I can't swim well and the water was real deep and they were going to the bottom and all and I can see them as if i was next to them but I wasnt in the pool. But I sensed they were mad at me. Then I woke up.
Was a very confusing night , its like that a lot lately I see many dreams instead of just 1. If there a dream world you think I was in it seeing dreams of others maybe? Like in that book Wheel of Time theres dream worlds where spirits can go and watch. Or was it all from me?

Bye

Wow that's quite a bit in one night. According to what my mom told me, when you sleep your mind goes into another "place". This may be the dream world you are referring to. Your mind leaves the body and exists in another place, experiencing all the things this place has to offer. And the thing is, all of my dreams are usually in 3rd person. So it's like my mind is a flying being observing what is going on around it.

ANd of course moms are always right ;)

Really tho, I don't know if this is asian folklore or if my mom was just telling me stories. :p

heyya ubermich...

start with posative reinforcement!
tell your self that you will remember but you only want to be happy!
unless you have the ability to handle the ugly stuff!

good luck

@-@
\----/

peace light
truth love

one thing you can do is when you wake up from dreaming, just lay as still as possible and try not to think about anything, just about the dream. if your body doesn't realize its completly awake, it will keep dreaming and sometimes you can be an active participant in your dreams. its not the easiest thing to do...

I had power dream other night, thats what I call it anyway.
In it I was collecting energy like doing chi exercises, and was building it up creating major wind. I dont know why I was doing battle with this old guy, I think he was a mage. But I couldnt do anything to him. I was using the air elemental and he was just sucking it in... =( It was a very blurry dream not cuz of rememberance but cuz of the wind. I think it was more of a practice of some sort than a real fight. I was aware of my sleeping body the whole time this was occuring and I felt bloated.

Has anyone astral projected before? I'm asking cuz I think I was on the verge of one. They say you astral project when you dream. Thats how it kind of started. I was dreaming but I woke up but still partly asleep. I was going back to sleep then I started seeing a blinding light, it was flashing but not black and white. More like a bright yellow to a white. It had a feeling of vibration to it cuz my head and body started vibrating and I felt like was gonna pop right out of my head. I got frightened and was trying to stop it so I was trying to wake up but I couldnt feel my body. And I just all of a sudden jumped out of my bed. I'm not sure but I think I was about to project, conscious of being in between the dreaming and waking. From what I've read about astral projection it felt like thats what was happening. I wish I wasnt so scared but I didnt know what was going on when it was happening.
Atleast I know how it feels now so I can get to it easier in the future. =)

This seems like a big deal to me of the person I saw in a dream couple days ago. This is a arbritrary dream just watching. But I saw a boy on a cobble white street, surrounded by buildings that were gold or maybe just painted that way. But the boy had blue hair and he was wearing silk clothes of tan color and on his forehead where the 3rd eye is there was a sky blue almost like an indigo color circle with intricate patterns or symbols in it, like the chinesse medicine wheel but different. Anyway my thoughts where saying Atlantean......
When I meditate and think of my third eye chakra I keep seeing that boy and the sky blue circle on my forehead and it seems to create power. I can't explain its just my forehead really thumps and generates heat when I think of it.

BYE

Back