"Feeling of having gone through this before"

syedsameer

Registered Senior Member
I have had a lot of instances in my life where I had a strange feeling of "having gone through this before". I see the exact same events happenning which might have happened a lot of days, weeks or even months ago, all in the similar order! Like for once I was walking to my home from my school with my friend. Then we started talking about cars on the way, and my friend said some joke I don't remember now, and I had thoughts in my mind about some food -- pizza to be exact, and then my friend said bye and left.

These exact same events happened probably weeks ago, exactly the same. I have had a lot of other such instances, hard to describe. I have had strange feelings in the right order which I have had a lot of weeks or months ago. I had some strange events on dining table with other people which I have had exactly the same quite a few weeks or months ago.

The most shocking of all things happened so far was having the same series of events repeated THRICE. Three times. The third time I even thought to myslef "I have gone through this before" --- And the previous time, i.e. the 2nd time those events occured, I had said this exact same thing "I have gone through this before" to myself on the EXACT SAME TIME and in the events order as the 3rd one.

Have you ever experienced this strange "gone through these set of events before" feeling?

Yes, I have had these feeling many many times and wondered what it was. The funny thing is I can predit what is going to happen next and sometimes, even if i try to change the course of events/words, i am not able to change anything. I think the feeling is called dejavu or something like that.

syedsameer said:
I have had a lot of instances in my life where I had a strange feeling of "having gone through this before". I see the exact same events happenning which might have happened a lot of days, weeks or even months ago, all in the similar order! Like for once I was walking to my home from my school with my friend. Then we started talking about cars on the way, and my friend said some joke I don't remember now, and I had thoughts in my mind about some food -- pizza to be exact, and then my friend said bye and left.

These exact same events happened probably weeks ago, exactly the same. I have had a lot of other such instances, hard to describe. I have had strange feelings in the right order which I have had a lot of weeks or months ago. I had some strange events on dining table with other people which I have had exactly the same quite a few weeks or months ago.

The most shocking of all things happened so far was having the same series of events repeated THRICE. Three times. The third time I even thought to myslef "I have gone through this before" --- And the previous time, i.e. the 2nd time those events occured, I had said this exact same thing "I have gone through this before" to myself on the EXACT SAME TIME and in the events order as the 3rd one.

Have you ever experienced this strange "gone through these set of events before" feeling?

yes i get this alot, just extream feelings of de ja vu,

it feels strange,

peace,

Woah, so it's called Deja Vu. Heh I never, ever thought anyone else would know this or this would have occured to anyone else also. It's quite shocking to know that it's a common phenomena yet my friends call me "retarded" or "weird" when I tell them about this. Heh, strange. ;)

No, it's quite common. I get it sometimes. Nothing paranormal about it, but of course someone is about to come along and say that there is.

Back