Fawn and Bobcat Kitten

Orleander

OH JOY!!!!
Valued Senior Member
If these 2 are raised together til adulthood, would the bobcat hunt the deer? If released into the wild, would they recognize each other?

fawn_bobcat_1.jpg

fawn_bobcat_2.jpg

Last edited:
I have seen lion and dog,cat and mouse and wolf and goat all get along just fine when adults.I own the cat and mouse,my cat was around the mouse since she was a kitten.They are friends actually.So I would expect your bobcat and deer to get along too_Of course there is always that possibility I guess,that it doesn't work out this way.I know about the other animals I mentioned cause my great uncle who lived in KY kept non domesticated animals for the zoos in the winter months.I remember his lions,panther,wolves,goats,leopard,chimps,monkeys and foxes.When we visited him and stayed at his place at night while in bed the lions would roar and literally shake the house.

Last edited:
I have a young cat who gets along with everyone, including the mean stray dog who sometimes bangs on our door to ask for biscuits.

So I'd say it depends on the personality of the animal. I have several other cats who would NOT snuggle up to a dog.

My bengal cat is 1/2 asian leopard and domestic cat.While she doesn't literally snuggle up to my min pin dog,they will spend hours playing and chasing each other.They are pals.I have never witnessed any scuffle between em.As already mentioned it depends on personality.It's not black and white.I would say though chances are very good the bobcat will be just fine with the deer,so long as the bob was a kitten when it met the deer and they spend a lot of time together.A lot.

My bengal cat is 1/2 asian leopard and domestic cat.While she doesn't literally snuggle up to my min pin dog,they will spend hours playing and chasing each other.They are pals.I have never witnessed any scuffle between em.As already mentioned it depends on personality.It's not black and white.I would say though chances are very good the bobcat will be just fine with the deer,so long as the bob was a kitten when it met the deer and they spend a lot of time together.A lot.

yeah

when was this thread news really ?

i've known this for years

Friends to the end. If they are actually friends. If they don't like each other then that's a different story. My dog has a pet bird (he leaves out food for it anyway and chases all the other birds that try to eat its food away), then watches when it comes and eats. His only entertainment in the backyard.

Back