Faith

thefountainhed

Fully Realized
Valued Senior Member
I find it disappointing when people who have a religious belief/faith feel the need to argue or proove the basis of their beliefs. The whole basis of Christianity, Islam. Judaism, etc is the belief in something that cannot be proven--scientifically--A supreme being--God/Allah/Yahweh. The acceptance of a Jesus--as a trinity, creation, etc hinges on faith. You cannot prove the basis of a faith because faith denotes accepting/believing a notion without proof. If there exists no prove for something, you cannot PROOVE it. So next time, another 'smart' geezer posts a thread with: "Why there is no God", etc they miss the point, your reply would also imply you miss the point, leading to strung debate which is pointless as the whole basis of such a thread would be pointless. (WOW point(less), 4x times). It becomes even more pointless and shows your lack of faith when you post: "Proof why there is a God" because there is none.

I agree... in the end the question can at best be whether Faith is reasonable. As a Christian my faith is based on the event of Jesus' life, death and resurrection as a historical event. As such, it is a history of faith that I rely on - and this is tantamount to 'a history of God'. Scripture is only a visible, representative manifestation of this faith. The original events and their memories fade, but the faith survived. But ultimately, we cannot know or see God in His entirety.

The bible also says to be ready to defend your faith at anytime.

Its not that I"m necessarily trying to prove that God exists to people here (I learned a long time ago that it wont work), however I do try to show them how some christians see things so that maybe they will see some sense in it and start looking instead of just bashing our faith.

Back