eye infection?

vslayer

Registered Senior Member
At work today i accidentally got some copper sulfate in my eye, and it seems to have swollen... is there any long term damage i need to worry about, or will it be fine by tomorrow?

you go to a doctor NOW. i do not know about your question about copper sulfate but if your eye swelled, get thee to a doctor.

Copper sulfate can be corrosive to the skin and eyes. It is readily absorbed through the skin and can produce a burning pain, along with the same severe symptoms of poisoning from ingestion. Skin contact may result in itching or eczema (13). It is considered a skin sensitizer and can cause allergic reactions in some individuals (16). Eye contact with this material can cause: conjunctivitis, inflammation of the eyelid lining, excess fluid buildup in the eyelid; cornea tissue deterioration due to breaks, or ulceration, in the eye's mucous membrane; and clouding of the cornea (2).

So go see the doctor NOW!

well after an evening of swelling and eye gunk, it has gone down and i can see fine. its still producing a bit more gunk than usual and a bit bloodshot, but other than that it is fine now.

EDIT: i washed my eye throroughly with water immediately after, so that probably got most of it out before it could do much.

Back