Extraterrestials in the Bible????

LIGHTBEING

Registered Senior Member
Some of you might not be this open minded, but I fortunalty am. Is there evidence of Extraterrestrials in the Bible? Hhhhmmmm???

Here's my Theory:

Before the word "God" was created around the 7th century AD, Eloheem was the Hebrew term used in scripture. Eloheem means "Beings that decended from the Heavens". My interpretation of this is that Angels or Extraterrestials(not of this Earth) came down to Earth from the sky or space. Notice that the word Eloheem is plural.

As you will see in Genesis 1:26 "Let US make man in OUR image after OUR likeness" Plural.... then it proceeds to say in 1:27 "So God created man in his own image" trying to imply that "God" or our creator is a single entity.

Was this contradiction put in the begin of the Bible and left there so that people with open minds like ourselves can ponder at the thought or was this just a mere fuck up by the Early Church members and translators.

Furthermore, I do not agree with the term "God". Does it not put restrictions on the Creator of the Universe? "God" is not a "He". I find it obsurd that the Bible characterizes "God" as such. God is much more than a "He". It is just too bad that we will never have the capability to fully comprehend the Power of the Creator.

Another example is in Genesis 3:22 "Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of US, knowing good and evil; and now, lest he put forth his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever"....Notice the plural again.
It almost seems like these beings, according to the Bible, had something to do with our creation and were plotting against us to with hold knowledge of good and evil and the ability to live forever.

If that doesn't atleast spark something in your mind then check this out:

The Immaculate Conception was no more than Artificial Insemenation??????

My previous statements may conclude that Angels are of Extraterrestial origin or that the "God" in the Bible is for that matter. In the Virgin Mary's dream an "Angel" comes down from the "Heavens" "to know" Mary

Angel=Extraterrestial
Heavens=Space
and "to know" in Biblical terms means to impregnate or to have intercoarse with.

So basically, An ET came down from Space and Impregnated Mary. Maybe Jesus was some type of hybrid.

I understand that many people will reject this but isn't it more believable than a Virgin Birth?

Peace

Sorry, no good discussion with me, because I agree with you. Maybe except for Jesus. Virgin mothe is just a legend/tale .Read many books on this theme. Erich Von Daniken is one of my favourite authrs, although some facts are grabbed from air.
Aliens visited us in ancient times (last was about 10 000b.c. I think) maybe even in nowadays but I find it much more unbeleivable.
Have to go learning now, Bye!

Primum Mobile, Ezekiel ... a fun little romp)

When I was a kid, my brother and I were fascinated with Ufos. Strange, though, that neither one of us are huge believers; we know they're out there, but we just learned to not worry about it until such time as we saw the little gray guys themselves.

But one of the books we read, I can't tell you much about it. It's title was merely UFO or UFO's, and the title was in stylized text on the front of an Avon childrens' paperback. But the book asserted a Ufo in the book of the prophet Ezekiel, based on the first chapter .

There are a few random pages on the subject to be found under a Google search of ezekiel ufo. For instance, this Angelfire page.

In my Lutheran upbringing, I encountered a preacher who literally did not know where the question of Ezekiel and Ufos came from; his answer to the question was, "You're stupid if you think that's even a question." (It should be noted that, upon being asked, What created God, he could not give even the standard "Catholic" answer of timelessness and Alpha/Omega; in that instance, his educated and compasionate reply was, "You don't ask that question in my church.")

At Catholic school, the question came up by my prompting, and a Franciscan nun gave me an answer which, essentially, appears at the Angelfire page listed above.

This answer was repeated to me in a friendly, post-lecture conversation with Religious History professor at the University of Oregon, a scholar of the Old Testament.

I accept the answer, but for some reason am compelled to offer the following criticism of the Angelfire page's presentation:
“Firmament” (Hebrew raqia) is defined by God as “heaven” (Genesis 1:8); the word basically means “expanse,” although some critics have tried to argue that it implies a “firm” boundary of some kind. In modern scientific terminology, it could be translated simply “space.”
The critics as such, have theological justification. The Primum Mobile, for instance, asserts a firm boundary:
Its first feature shows a development out of earlier theological ideas. The earth is no longer a flat plain inclosed by four walls and solidly vaulted above, as theologians of previous centuries had believed it, under the inspiration of Cosmas; it is no longer a mere flat disk, with sun, moon, and stars hung up to give it light, as the earlier cathedral sculptors had figured it; it has become a globe at the centre of the universe. Encompassing it are successive transparent spheres, rotated by angels about the earth, and each carrying one or more of the heavenly bodies with it: that nearest the earth carrying the moon; the next, Mercury; the next, Venus; the next, the Sun; the next three, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn; the eighth carrying the fixed stars. The ninth was the primum mobile, and inclosing all was the tenth heaven - the Empyrean. This was immovable - the boundarv between creation and the great outer void; and here, in a light which no one can enter, the Triune God sat enthroned, the ``music of the spheres'' rising to Him as they moved. Thus was the old heathen doctrine of the spheres made Christian.
And another link regarding Scholasticism and the Primum Mobile, just because it looked good..

I am not one who generally ascribes the IHVH-god to extraterrestrials in the more vulgar sense. God is not, to my opinion, a hyperintelligent alien along the lines of Brust's Jenoine entities (cf. Brust, Jhereg and Issola; I've tried to find something about them online; it is a fantastical retelling of EBE/seed theory, much like I hear from the alien-seed theorists of the real world; sadly, there aren't many good descriptions of the Jenoine, even at the fan pages.) But I'm not closed to the possibility. It just seems either sinister or irrelevant in what I peceive of the alien-seed theory: why all the secrecy? Either they don't want us to know they're here except through myth, which is chilling in and of itself, or else they have passed on from the Universe and the current Ufo possibility has nothing to do with any of it.

Thinking back, an image I have never obtained online is a Renaissance-era Madonna and Child scene, which has been featured on Discovery Channel and Sci-Fi network Ufo specials in the past. In the background of this painting is a circular object (not spherical) radiating light, and several people responding to it. Ufo enthusiasts point at this round thing, which I think is perfectly obvious in its sybolism. It does not represent an angel, per se, as angels had undertaken their semihuman form long before this painting. But it is, in fact, crown-shaped, and perhaps more symbolic of Christ the King than of any endorsement from Zeta Reticuli.

Regarding the Immaculate Conception, have scholars resolved the definition of virgin yet? The selfish born-again virgin movement of American neo-Christianity did the entire paradigm disservice when it tried to confuse the definition of virgin by calling up an obsolete standard which implies virginity to mean a woman who has not given birth. Short of that issue, and crudely put, the Immaculate Conception was probably a dry hump--femoral intercourse (cf. Kenyatta, Facing Mt. Kenya)--gone wrong.

Nonetheless, I am not entirely dissuaded from alien-seed theories. I'm just not a big supporter of them; they would explain a lot, but like I noted, something seems sinister about their refusal to confirm their existence, as such.

Having said that, I would like to turn again to the Angelfire page addressing the Ezekiel-Ufo idea. The author summarizes his editorial points:
Let me start off by saying that I don't think there’s much intelligent life on this one

But we do know that God created the Earth and all the other planets with it. But there is no evidence in scripture that God created creatures on any planet other than earth, and heaven.

God is able to do so if he chooses, but it seems to me that God would be wise to tell us if there was life on other planets (if there was), because we would eventually find out anyway.

The fact that the Bible is silent about life anywhere else but earth makes me think that there may not be.
You'll notice that the author is applying the dangerous standard of What the Bible says, which standard, as we see at Sciforums, is a difficult point to stand on. At some point, everybody extrapolates the Bible. Alien-seed extrapolations are not the most extreme ideas derived from the Bible; I might point toward the Seventh-Day Adventist obsession with the Devil and politics, which culminates in fears of worldwide UN occupation and the execution (by electrocution, no less) of all Sabbatarians. (I'm not making this up; you can get that crap at any SDA bookstore; it's amazing what those folks will choose to be afraid of.)

And in this light, then, it would be worth asking why God needed the whole bloody Universe to hide in while he played out the living experiment on merely one planet. If that was the case, the boundaries of the primum mobile would have sufficed. If, as the Ezekiel-Ufo author suggests, there is life on this planet only and in Heaven ....

I'm almost unwilling to consider such assertions as the restriction of life to this planet. Europa, people. We need to get to Europa. And then we can put this one-living-planet myth into the ground where it belongs.

And while, on the one hand, I'm sorry to keep rambling on, this whole notion of Ufos and the Bible has got me just ... well .....

Okay, so if there's life on this planet only and in Heaven, what is Hell? It would appear that Hell, indeed, becomes the grave, and the fire reserved for the Devil and his minions ... but then again, the Bible does say there is an everlasting fire. Hmm ... that means Hell is either on this planet, or in Heaven. Of course, there could be a planet out there populated solely by the dead, but aren't we playing semantics if the dead can populate anything?

I'm quite sure that there is life all over this Universe. I just want to get someplace where I can almost guarantee we'll find it. Oh, say, Europa? And there's an interesting thing: when I say that there is definitely life elsewhere in our solar system, I think I understand something Christianity could never convey to me. Sure, I think I have justification for the assertion of life elsewhere in the solar system, but I'm also aware that for me to say I know this is tantamount to declaring it in faith. And on such a point, I have great faith that I am not mistaken. It is not real, but it is; specifically it is not yet real. And if I'm actually hitting that sense of faith Christians could never quite explain, and, by the feel of it, never quite attain, then I can understand why the redemptive tale of the Bible is such a comforting faith. And that's a hugely interesting perspective point to me, though one which, naturally, reinforces my prior assessments of the faith.

But I should be wrapping it up; the last couple of paragraphs have lost any sense of direction, eh? Suffice to say that while I don't wholeheartedly endorse alien-seed theories, the Bible does, in many ways, serve as one hell of a testament to them. I mean, what if the reason nobody really shows themselves as responsible for the human spark is that it was an accident--a key mutation inspired by radiation from the proximity of ET vessels?

And that would put interesting spin on another point: to come too close to God, to see God itself, will destroy a person. This could be a primal instinct from being around the vessels.

Okay, okay ... I said I should be wrapping up. Cool topic, Lightbeing, and welcome to the forums.

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

My thought's exactly Lightbeing, hence my sig.

Any technology beyond the primitive technology people 2000 years ago had could be seen as miraculous. For example, take a microwave back with you (ok ok, and a generator), put in some of their food and cook it. Everyone 2000 years ago would have thought it a miracle, and could easily have called you a God if you managed to show them other "miracles" as well.

Maybe some alien race came to make contact with us. After people started to worship them and call them Gods they just gave up and left. It's a good an explanation as any.

Tiassa, thanks for the great feedback. I believe Ezekiel depicts Extraterrestrials. This was actually going to be my next reply to support my topic. As far as the Immaculate Conception, I don't know what to believe. For all we know the Immaculate Conception could just be a fable, but in my mind my suggestions is more possible than any.

Suffice to say that while I don't wholeheartedly endorse alien-seed theories, the Bible does, in many ways, serve as one hell of a testament to them

This was my point exactly. I'm sure where I stand on this theory but Christians stand very far away from it, yet their Holy Book supports and gives scriptual evidence that their are Extraterrestials that have visited our planet. Christians for some reason completely oppose the idea of intellegent somewhere other then Earth. I don't know why, maybe this makes them feel more special??? Mathmatically, the possibilities are tremendous.
I would like to here from a Christian on this matter to help me understand theor thoughts a little better.

Thanks for the welcoming

Xelios, I agree 100% with you. If Extraterrestials ever visited are planet, they had to be technologically advanced to even make it here. I can completely picture Humans worshipping these beings as if they were seeing God for the first time. I would probably do the same.

Thanks for your ideas guys

interesting topic...

I would recomend The Gods of Eden by William Bramely (sp?) a good read for those interested in further information on alien and religious organisations effect on history. I personally like to fact that when he set out to write a book it was on the origins of violence in mankind and what he found was that it was alien to us! lol But that there is a link between alien influence and violence/wars throughout history as well as pleagues famine and other nasty stuff. A really good read for any one interested in aliens or religion.

You know, this would explain a lot. If the Bible was really talking about aliens. It would explain the contradictions, it would explain the use of the word "we" and "our" in Genesis, it would explain the miracles Jesus performed, voices from heaven etc etc.

They're probably just waiting for us to figure out how foolish we've been the past 2000 years. :D

Parallel thinking?

I had the same idea years ago. Also of note is the Halo
That was my angle too. An alien/human hybrid.
Furthermore, I do not agree with the term "God". Does it not put restrictions on the Creator of the Universe? "God" is not a "He". I find it obsurd that the Bible characterizes "God" as such. God is much more than a "He". It is just too bad that we will never have the capability to fully comprehend the Power of the Creator.
Sorry, can't really follow that aspect of it.
I understand that many people will reject this but isn't it more believable than a Virgin Birth?
Actually I have another solution that is probably the truth. Mary had sex with a man. It could have been her husband or an extramerital affair. I am currently inclined to the latter. Once her husband noticed she claimed to not have had sex with anybody. Thinking her an impregnated virgin, he could only think his son the messiah.

The obviousness of it astounds me. All the texts hinge on Mary's ability to tell the truth.

Sorry, can't really follow that aspect of it.

Why not, if "God" is supposed to be the Almighty and Powerful, how is "God" characterized as a male? You don't see how this makes "God" ungodly so to speak?

Actually I have another solution that is probably the truth. Mary had sex with a man. It could have been her husband or an extramerital affair. I am currently inclined to the latter. Once her husband noticed she claimed to not have had sex with anybody. Thinking her an impregnated virgin, he could only think his son the messiah.

Could be very possible

Why not, if "God" is supposed to be the Almighty and Powerful, how is "God" characterized as a male? You don't see how this makes "God" ungodly so to speak?
Now I see where you were going. Yes assigning those attributes to a god does nullify the god status. "He" is a vengeful being. That does not sound like the new testament view of "Him." There are a great deal of contradictory views.

Hello All! Been away busy on the nursery and preparations.
Glad to see the addition of some more Thinking Believers. :)

The sons of God came to earth and had children with the daughters of men. Elijah ascended to heaven on a "chariot of fire". I have asked before how anyone who suspects their may be ET's and life on other planets could find such Biblical scripture "unbelievable" or ridiculouse.
The Bible holds truths beyond our wildest dreams...it is our UNDERSTANDING of those words that make it unbelievable.
A pastor wont consider an alien sighting as proof of angelic beings and an ET believer won't accept the Bible writtings as historical evidence of those visitations haveing always been in occurance. NOT because the ideas and incidences are very much the same...but because they do not accept each others terminology and narrow minded ideas. Preachers refuse to believe in other life in outer space and a lot of UFO chasers refuse to believe in divine beings of God. Go figure.........

Taken

The Bible holds truths beyond our wildest dreams...it is our UNDERSTANDING of those words that make it unbelievable.
A pastor wont consider an alien sighting as proof of angelic beings and an ET believer won't accept the Bible writtings as historical evidence of those visitations haveing always been in occurance.
I do not deny that beings much like ourselves could have visited our planet. It is unlikely, but possible. This does not mean, however, that such a being could break the rules of the universe. That is your assumption. A being that is omnipotent and omniscient goes against everything we know about life or the laws of reality. Beyond the impossible you can invent whatever fiction you want and float it as an outlandish hypothesis. When you claim the impossible to be truth or any piece of fiction as absolute truth, that is when I have issues.

Much like the belief that the earth couldn't possible be round or we'd fall off isn't it? *wink*
Infinity and immortality are not thought of as scientifically absurd or implausible. As a matter of fact it is the belief and hope in the possibility that drives science.
Before we can conclude that Bible teachings go against the laws of the universe...we first have to define and understand those laws...and we do not, although we forge ahead in that goal every day.
People said it was not possible for a man to get to the moon, or to clone life, or to part a sea...but science, and more importantly nature has proven them all wrong.

On alien seeds ...

Never let it be said that I would shoot down an EBE/seed theory.

Lightbeing

I'm sitting here on four Fat Ties and two Lambic Framboise; if I seem to disapprove of alien-seed notions let it be on a simple principle.

I believe the Bible is true. I believe that Clive Barker's Weaveworld or Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes is true. Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried or Salinger's Raise High the Roof Beams and Seymour is true; Pearl Jam's Alive of Black, or Elderly Woman Behind a Counter in a Small Town; Shapiro's Lotus Eaters, Bharadwaj's Closet Land,Roberts' War of the Buttons, or Linklater's Dazed and Confused is true.

The point being that these things are true in their own right. Even the seemingly absurd laws of the Old Testament have some derivative value. No buggery? No incest? Well, we're lost in the desert and need to put our seed to value. Don't have a shite? Not exactly, but undersand the bacterial value of cleaning after a bowel movement. Even the "pagan" cultures (e.g. shamanistic Amerindian) had taboos about menstruation; dude, it's blood.

Sure, it's misogynistic, but consider HIV in the modern day; blood is lethal. That hopefully to deflect any digression on the topic.

So the Bible contains some element of truth. This is not an unusual declaration within my paradigm. James Joyce contains an element of truth; Shel Silverstein contains an elemenet of truth; Harper Lee contains an element of the truth. I hope reiteration of the point might serve toward how strongly I adhere to this flexibility of truth.

Alien-seed theories, however, merely provide a surrogate literalism for the Bible. It is mythos, in this sense. The alien-hybrid Christ idea relies on the notion that Christ did walk on water. did produce fish and bread out of thin air, did in fact die and rise.

These are not beyond my scope of acceptance, except that more likely interpretations exist between reality and any form of literalism. What the Bible teaches, in the Christian vision, is exceptional and valuable. What the Bible says, if taken to even a minimal degree of minimalism, is horrific.

And thus the alien-seed theories lend credibilty toward a Biblical condition that, for independent reasons, I must object to and hold reality as evidence thereof. If the Christian vision was more realistic, if the Kingdom of God was attainable within the prescribed paradigm, then alien-seed theories would provide the best speculatively scientific option. But that the whole of the Biblical vision rings false through its living embodiment speaks volumes against the viability of alien-seed according to the Bible.

Please, never let it be said that I would shoot down a reasonable alien-seed theory, except that where Biblical/EBE theories are concerned, I discount the Bible itself, and not the EBE-theory.

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

Much like the belief that the earth couldn't possible be round or we'd fall off isn't it?
I agree. Faith makes people except the opposite of what their logic might otherwise find. Pathogorous is an excellent example. Through the observation of ships exiting the horizon line, he concluded that the Earth must be round. Of course this predates the voyage of Columbus. When Columbus decided to make his journey around the world almost everyone agreed that the world was round. The only real disagreement was the actual size. Columbus was wrong and his belief that the earth was only 1/3 of its true size led him to declare America India. So who wanted to stop Columbus? The Catholic church of course. Their dogma told them not to cross the ocean. They were the ones to cling to religious beliefs. They were the ones that said nothing good could happen of the journey and they were the ones that fullfilled that prophecy.
Infinity and immortality are not thought of as scientifically absurd or implausible.
I never said they were. I just pointed out the fact that never has a single being benn known to live forever. I argue that what you say of eternity exists in amuch more elegant form. Through our act of reproducing we create a line of life that may or may not go on infinitly. Space is at least infinite.

M*W: Another blast from the past.

LIGHTBEING said:
Some of you might not be this open minded, but I fortunalty am. Is there evidence of Extraterrestrials in the Bible? Hhhhmmmm???

Here's my Theory:

Before the word "God" was created around the 7th century AD, Eloheem was the Hebrew term used in scripture. Eloheem means "Beings that decended from the Heavens". My interpretation of this is that Angels or Extraterrestials(not of this Earth) came down to Earth from the sky or space. Notice that the word Eloheem is plural.

As you will see in Genesis 1:26 "Let US make man in OUR image after OUR likeness" Plural.... then it proceeds to say in 1:27 "So God created man in his own image" trying to imply that "God" or our creator is a single entity.

Was this contradiction put in the begin of the Bible and left there so that people with open minds like ourselves can ponder at the thought or was this just a mere fuck up by the Early Church members and translators.

Another example is in Genesis 3:22 "Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of US, knowing good and evil; and now, lest he put forth his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever"....Notice the plural again.
It almost seems like these beings, according to the Bible, had something to do with our creation and were plotting against us to with hold knowledge of good and evil and the ability to live forever.

If that doesn't atleast spark something in your mind then check this out:

My previous statements may conclude that Angels are of Extraterrestial origin or that the "God" in the Bible is for that matter. In the Virgin Mary's dream an "Angel" comes down from the "Heavens" "to know" Mary

Angel=Extraterrestial
Heavens=Space
and "to know" in Biblical terms means to impregnate or to have intercoarse with.

So basically, An ET came down from Space and Impregnated Mary. Maybe Jesus was some type of hybrid.

Peace

tiassa said:
When I was a kid, my brother and I were fascinated with Ufos. Strange, though, that neither one of us are huge believers; we know they're out there, but ...

No, you believe "they're out there".

Sagan wrote eloquently against UFOs, and a very interesting debate on SETI can be found here.

Back