Excision

SG-N

Registered Senior Member
Ok, in an other thread we talked about circumcision... That made me thought about a problem that is a kind of "taboo" : the excision.
This word seems to be more general than in French so here is an article about it.

I don't really care about circumcision. In fact that will not do a big difference for the guy (I'm neither for nor against). However excision is really painful. For me it's a kind of torture, but is there someone that think that it's a good thing? I would like to understand why it's allowed... :(

Tradition, or as Chesterton would say "A democracy of the dead" Customs are usually hard to change, this is there own way of life. Hey in India if a man died and left a widow on his funeral pyre she would have to throw herself, burning her alive. These customs although horrendous to us are the norm for some. I mean some of our customs are probably horrifying to others in different countries. Why it's allowed? Well no one can really destroy the customs of the people besides the people themselves, and making war on a country for allowing this, or condemning it from afar would be unimaginably detrimental for foreign relations. In the end, we can only hope and pray that some of the woman of these countries escape such a fate and that and a pointless custom is ultimately laid to rest...

Back