Exactly what?

Some of the more popular reasons:
- fear of death
- need for social acceptance
- desire for certainty/answers

I thought those were just reasons for religion.
From what you just said all religions would be considered christian.

Cultural heritage is the primary reason. E.g. if someone lived in India then they'd very likely be Hindu. The vast majority of Christians are Christian because their parents were Christian.

I strongly suspect that only a small fraction of people consciously choose a particluar religion based on its merits.

Kat

Katazia said:
Cultural heritage is the primary reason. E.g. if someone lived in India then they'd very likely be Hindu. The vast majority of Christians are Christian because their parents were Christian.

I strongly suspect that only a small fraction of people consciously choose a particluar religion based on its merits.

Kat
M*W: Religion is an addiction. Christianity has been "programmed" into the minds of billions of people for 2000 years. Most people take it for granted that they are "Christians," even though they don't go to church or practice their religion, yet they've never cared to read about what's been uncovered as lies. It's as if they never questioned Christianity, that it was a "given" due to family history, etc. They have no desire to "rock the boat" as in "think for themselves!"

neofatmaster said:
I thought those were just reasons for religion.
From what you just said all religions would be considered christian.

I dont think that logically follows.

What's the saying?

All Singhs are Sikhs, but not all Sikhs are Singhs.

Is that it?

Back