Evolution

Reign Mack
Registered Senior Member
How can an amoeba evolve to a man without having all the genetic code that humans have today? It would have to gain it somehow. And how would it gain this? Through mere mutations? Mutations combined with natural selection is not enough for "evolution" to have progressed to what it supposedly is now. Mutations RARELY (yes, very) happen. They are in around the 90% of being harmful, below 10% in neutral and some very small percentage that can actually be beneficial.

You're forgetting copying errors, which also contribute to genetic drift.

Mutation alone would be sufficient given enough time, and the Earth has been around for 4 billion years...

its not me its somebody else he is a humanist and I keep telling him these things but I does not want to hear it. So Im not going to bother anymore

I'll give you an example of mutation...do you know what our lower jaws used to be? I'll tell you what they were...they were ancient geals...you know those that fishes use to breathe underwater.

Look at my prantes. And my grandparents. I am similar to them, but not exactly the same. I wonder what that means...

it's not correct to say "humans evolve from amoebas." Evolutionary theory hypothesizes that all life on earth has common ancestry, i.e. that humans and amoebas share a common ancestor. There's lots of evidence for this.

all species have different genome sizes and this is not due to mutation alone. there are/is gene duplications, slippage, unequal crossing over and other replicating mistakes, plus chromosomal unequal distribution during meiosis.

however, some genes are virtually identical from bacteria to humans. these are the genes that don't tolerate mutational changes. This is some evidence of common ancestry.

Last edited:
he meant gills. Gill arches fused at the base with the agnathan like jawless mouth to make a jaw. Another part separated to make part of the ear.

This becomes evident when looking at a vertibrate fetus.

Back