Everything starts simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

YinyangDK

Registered Senior Member
To create intelligence I belive that we first have to start in the basic of the basic.

What is intelligens without a purpose?

How about we try to bulid a small robot with a rechargeable batterie and a method for the robot to recharge it.
Then we give the robot a simple program line to find energi/material that it can transform to energy to recharge its batterie.
Ofcause it will need some way to measure how much batterie time there is left before it runs dry.

Survial is a strugle, without the strugle there is no need.

Since a human baby does not recharge his/herself, even with the built in software, I doubt it will be that easy with a simple program. You need a base program and constant teaching for several years so that the robot can make a accurate model of the world it is in. But once that is complete - it can be downloaded to another robot in a jiffy...

To create intelligence I belive that we first have to start in the basic of the basic.

What is intelligens without a purpose?

How about we try to bulid a small robot with a rechargeable batterie and a method for the robot to recharge it.
Then we give the robot a simple program line to find energi/material that it can transform to energy to recharge its batterie.
Ofcause it will need some way to measure how much batterie time there is left before it runs dry.

Survial is a strugle, without the strugle there is no need.

Why not just use a nuclear device like they use in spacecraft to keep them operational for decades?

Since a human baby does not recharge his/herself, even with the built in software, I doubt it will be that easy with a simple program. You need a base program and constant teaching for several years so that the robot can make a accurate model of the world it is in. But once that is complete - it can be downloaded to another robot in a jiffy...

Human babies and adults too do recharge themself...... they eat (drink breast milk).

food is transformed into energi..... and stored in our batteries aka. fat.

Where is the strugle in that?
If there is an endless surply of energi why then evolve?

Evolution has many forms and characteristics, just because they have enough energy to last decades doesn't mean that they still won't evolve.:shrug:

Every living thing needs energy in some form to survive.
The strugle to get this energy before something else gets it is also essential to survive.
This is basic evolution.
If we want to try to copy nature and build intelligens, we must first start in the basics and work our way up.

Every living thing needs energy in some form to survive.
The strugle to get this energy before something else gets it is also essential to survive.
This is basic evolution.
If we want to try to copy nature and build intelligens, we must first start in the basics and work our way up.

Grow it, essentially ?

What is the purpose of evolution?:confused:

Do not living systems tend to perfect themselves? Isn't this how syntropy functions. Evolution is syntropic. Life is moving towards perfection. We did not start out as humans as we are. All things must come to an end. The end is perfect.

Thus the purpose of evolution is to end evolution by reaching the point where there is nothing left to evolve. Then the syntropic nature of life has peaked into total freedom of expression and merged with the vast communication of all phenomena.

If evolution continues forever, we'd be like dogs chasing their tails. No...we are going home!!! Back to where we originated, back to the beginning...timelessness. Only we take the entire process with us and justify our own existence. Thus we are the void awakened.

Well I think that we have moved away from the main point. This should not be about wether or not evolution has a purpose or not it should be about how to emulate intilligens.
I would still say that through the strugle of mortallity the adaptation to the suroundings are higher than that of imortallity.

Actually the Roombas already go recharge themselves when their batteries get low and then go back out to clean the room when they're charged... I think the first step in intelligence (much like with humans) is the first choice not based on existing code or command. It could be simple input like "computer do you prefer 0 or 1" but actual intelligence so far is only input and pick from programmer listed output (with however many If/Then statments you want).

Actually the Roombas already go recharge themselves when their batteries get low and then go back out to clean the room when they're charged... I think the first step in intelligence (much like with humans) is the first choice not based on existing code or command. It could be simple input like "computer do you prefer 0 or 1" but actual intelligence so far is only input and pick from programmer listed output (with however many If/Then statments you want).

Yep you hit the nail right on the head!

All you have to do to make a program that will learn over time, is to have it make binary choices every sekund and evaluate on the choices every hour.
Then take the all the choices that went well and elaborate on the with new binare choices etc. etc.

That is basicly what the brain does, and because we have a memmory we can learn over time.

If you think that you will be able to make an A.I. that will be able to do what our brain can do, then you have to start the program at the same level as our brain starts. By this I mean before we get born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back