Ever wanted to do a suicide?

smoking revolver
Valued Senior Member
Even more and more people do suicides nowadays. Many yust can't go on with the stress etc. So have you ever wanted to do a suicide and for what reason? Have you laughed after a few days about it(thought of it as completely insane idea)? How many suicides would not have happened if people yust could halt their emotions for a few days and analyse the situation for the best solution.

Now here's abut me. It has happened twice, but n-thing really scary.

First it was, when I saw a dream, where I was smth like a space explorer/warrior. It was so vivid and realistic and I complely lost in it. I lived a few months of amazing life and then.....................to wake up and find out tht you live in the primitive (compared to the marvelous space adventures) 20th. century. First when I woke up my first thoughts were to set course to some star system and when I found out it was yust a dream.................A SHOCK. really for a few days I was SO depressed. I wanted to go back to it, and if I couldn't enjoy tht life for real then atleast to sleep for the rest of my life. I had really suicidal thoughts then.

The second was/is more like a long term plan. I do not want to dye old and sickly, instead I want to make a grand party and end my life with sexy dancers dancing all around and my favourite music in dolby surround. But I think like tht only now, maybe after a few years I would think of it as a foolish idea.
(the idea I got after reading QUO VADIS, a book tht has received a Noble prize BTW. There when one Roman nobleman knew tht Neron will order him to be killed, he organised a grand party and wrote a derision full letter to Neron. He made a good use from his life(or atleast, what was left of it))

I think most people have considered suicide at some time in their lives. Wanting to escape the reality they find themselves in. I think you have posted this before sometime, because I remeber commenting on that dream, that it was probably another of your incarnations that you happened to get a close up at.
But suicide is never a good option, not in the long run, because you will have to do it all again anyway, no shortcuts allowed...I think. :)

Yes you're right. I did write about this dream. We vere having a nice discussion about dieing in dreams.

I agree tht suicide is no option. Well maybe smtimes. Like about tht ancient Roman. no chance of survival, then why to the rest of the life miserable and end it like a prisoner.

I'm not going to say that I have never felt like I wanted to escape by killing myself for my energy quanta to be dispersed through oblivion.

But I could not and would not do so. Some would perceive the threat of such an act as being a means to gain attention, but in truth I just couldn't see any options open.

The one thing that at first tethered myself to this world was those innocent family members that would be devistated by such a trajedy. What tethers me now admittedly will seem to some a negative emotion, but it's basically "I won't let the B**stards beat me!".

This is basically a multiversal comment used at Society or those that have force me to feel down in my life.

At the end of the day, such thoughts are governed by emotions and we should be able to overcome them. This is where some doctors try to force drugs into people (Anti-depressants) to control those thoughts a bit like how some people try to use alcohol to give them a false euphoria.

Some of course go like the other post "Karoshi", pushing all their depression into the output of work which can cause them to die from overwork. Everybody should take a "Time-out" at some point.

a time out. I can't Stryder. I'm sitting by my pc and setting up a web server. when I'm done I'll follow your advice and take a hot relaxing bath with pine extract.:D

lyric send by my son...

In the essence of oneself
Truth is beauty
Hurt lays within
Harmony will soon come,
It's like a spell
Easing into the blood
Forever to take effect.

Everyone lives,
Everyone dies
But my life is my own;
I will choose when death
I will meet.
I hope death
Comes soon
Tasting the wrath
Of my own taking.

Flowers bloom in the warmth
And within and away in the dark
And cold.
Who am I to say
When will your time will come?

In one nightmare one may live,
In one sweet dream one may die
When will I meet my match?
In the darkness and
The coldness
In the idleness of winter
What are the words
Being spoken?

7 years of words
Being written
In sweet depression
And suicidal thoughts....

This may sound crazy but I never committed suicide because its my belief that heaven will be just that: a perfect heaven, but I won't be able to go there unless something else kills me.

Banshee, what a stunningly beatiful poem, it really gave me shivers down my spine. And written by someone so young.

Pollux, if you had ever commited suicide, you would not be around, you know.... But I think you were trying to say that you never tried. ;)

Babelina

I think most people have considered suicide at some time in their lives. Wanting to escape the reality they find themselves in.

Would this be your immediate circle of friends and family or is this a 'blanket' claim of the general populace? I've never met nor heard of anyone thinking about and wanting to commit suicide. Perhaps the reality you speak of is nothing more than a state of delusion. Your claim therefore would make more sense.

But suicide is never a good option

It would be a good option if you knew that the taking of your life would save the lives of others. In that regard there are countless examples where suicide was a good option.

Banshee

Your son wrote that poem? First of all, if it were my son, I would seriously consider seeking professional counseling. Secondly, it is certainly not something to be proud of by circulating it on the internet.

That poem is quite good and I liked it. And I think it is silly-all these visits to psyhoterapeits. They only try to appeal you to one standart of a person and turn you in to one like it(speaking of globalization:D). That is all nonsence. Must never loose trust in your self powers.
Will you be running for a psyhoterapeits help, when you have a little time of depression or someone abused you and you wanted to cry?? This is all brainwashing and people are yust being said tht they need "professional help" because
1) psyhoterapeits need clients=money
2) some people yust can't tolerate other thinking and thus think tht they are insane.
3) peole are too afraid of themselves.

So no brainwashing, maybe a little talk with your son yourself, but only if you see tht he is HIGHLY depressed. If he's enjoying his life or is yust a little moody I do not suggest you to touch him. Maybe he yust wants to distance him a little. Usually happens with teens.

:D:D:D Am I a potential murderer->

[city walk]
What’s your problem?
I’m asking him, with a gun pointed at my head.
Is it because I’m not like you?
Or you’re just having fun
In kind a special way?

Did I harm you in any way,
Took something away from you,
Burnt your house and ate your meal,
Had fun with your wife
And watched TV in your bed?

He’s ready to explode,
So mad he is at me.
No you stupid man,
How silly can you get?
Just wanna your money real fast.

If so then I’ll keep what’s mine:
I say and smile at him,
Cutting his throat with a rusty knife.
You’ve got no right to slow me down,
And take my time or cash away.

They only try to appeal you to one standart of a person and turn you in to one like it

Agreed. They attempt to turn you into someone that doesn't want to commit suicide. And that's a bad thing?

Must never loose trust in your self powers.

If your thoughts are towards suicide, how can you trust your 'self powers', whatever that is?

psyhoterapeits need clients=money

Please, the word is psychotherapists.

some people yust can't tolerate other thinking and thus think tht they are insane.

Again I concur. The delusional certainly do not tolerate other thinking. Like, rational thinking for example.

peole are too afraid of themselves.

Have you tried hiding under the bed? :D

So no brainwashing, maybe a little talk with your son yourself, but only if you see tht he is HIGHLY depressed. If he's enjoying his life or is yust a little moody I do not suggest you to touch him. Maybe he yust wants to distance him a little. Usually happens with teens.

Did you read that poem? ..a little talk? ..a little moody? ..distance himself? That poem is clearly a cry for help. I think it was this passage that gave it away:

I hope death
Comes soon
Tasting the wrath
Of my own taking.

I read tht poem and as I have been writing poems myself (an amateur though) I can tell you tht I then express my emotions
?stronger? thn they are. When I write of torturing smone, It yust expresses the way I feel at tht moment, but these are never long term emotions, mostly powered by the poem not my thinking.
But maybe it's yust me and here we have another case.
Bye!

[Q]...

Perhaps you yourself need profesional help. You always seem to know anything better then someone else.

My son wrote this poem for his english class.:)

He is a normal boy who even has his first girlfriend. And why shouldn't I post it at Sciforums? It is a good poem and a lot of the young humans at the age between 12 and roughly, 18, have suicidal thoughts. It comes with their age. Guess you are to well educated and self disciplined to ever have had any emotion at all.

No feelings left, no tears to cry...:p

;) I think a lot of poetry is dark, and most of meanignful poetry is dark. But it's really just aesthetically dark and not really meaningful. I write a lot of dark poetry, yet I'm as happy and gay as a sunflower in a Kansas field. Last year, I wrote a poem about a boy who had had his legs cut off by his grandmother and was inside a cardboard box, going into detail about how the stumps ground into the cardboard grain. I've never been suicidal. If you look at the 'Poetry Arena' in the Art/Culture forum, you'll see a lot of my dark poetry that is just dark for the sake of probing into the shaded. Suicides become suicidal when people act on them.

My son wrote this poem for his english class

Good for your son! I can't say the same for the other students trepidation. I suppose the teacher suggested this morbid theme? Is 'SADS' a serious problem where you live? :D

lot of the young humans at the age between 12 and roughly, 18, have suicidal thoughts. It comes with their age. Guess you are to well educated and self disciplined to ever have had any emotion at all.

Your right. I must have missed those 'killing' years. I was too wrapped up in other things like study, sports, girls, living life to the fullest, that sort of thing. Maybe I should have spent more time considering death. Oh well, It's all water under the fridge.

Q.
Your desperate needyness of serving us witty degrading punches is at such a high level that you almost come off as suicidal.
And after serving you such a mean remark , followed by a clumpse of guiltyness and adding your low attitude toward other people, even I consider to go for the martyr death.

:eek:

Q.
I think its really sad that you have to put other people down to make yourself feel better. Most people did not have the wonderful childhood that you had but they do not deserve to be put down for it. I had a horrible childhood which I was not at fault for. I have suffered from depression and have had suicidal thoughts, and thank god that I didnt succeed at taking my own life. You just thank your lucky stars that something as horrible has never happened to you. Your lucky. You seem like a smart person, you should use your energy more wisely.
And I seriously doubt that you have never met a person that didnt have suicidal thoughts. People usually dont going around telling everyone about them.

strgrl

I think its really sad that you have to put other people down to make yourself feel better.

Excuse me? What you may view as 'put downs' are simply rational statements in reaction to unfounded and absurd claims. You're not absorbing what you read. Of course, you may have a certain bias towards the (Q). Many here do.

I don't 'feel better' when I read poetry written by children on the subject of suicide. There is something wrong with that. Even worse are the parents who take pride in this work and submit it on the internet. Very distasteful to say the least.

Most people did not have the wonderful childhood that you had but they do not deserve to be put down for it.

My childhood was no different than anybody else I knew. I have not 'put down' anyone's childhood. Again, you're not absorbing what you read.

I had a horrible childhood which I was not at fault for. I have suffered from depression and have had suicidal thoughts, and thank god that I didnt succeed at taking my own life. You just thank your lucky stars that something as horrible has never happened to you. Your lucky.

I am truly sorry for your childhood. I would not wish whatever you've experienced upon anyone. A child's world should be without wrought and want. But that is not the world in which we live. I would wager though, that no one here has had the childhood so many millions of other children around the world must endure. We are ALL the lucky ones.

And I seriously doubt that you have never met a person that didnt have suicidal thoughts. People usually dont going around telling everyone about them.

Nope, never have met anyone with suicidal tendencies, and I've met a lot of people. If people don't go around telling everyone about their suicidal thoughts, how is that Babelina can make those unfounded absurd claims?

You seem like a smart person, you should use your energy more wisely.

Thank you. I appreciate the compliment. And I do use my energy wisely. Although I'm sure many here will disagree. But that's OK. I know where I stand today and tomorrow. I have been making good, sound, reasonable choices all of my life. Sometimes they do not work out as planned but that's OK too. No one ever bats a thousand. But at least I did not waste my time on the irrational.

And now if you'll excuse me I have to order the captain to weigh anchor and get under way. Next stop, who knows?

Q.
Thank you for explaining yourself more thorougly. It seemed to me as if you were mocking people who were depressed and suicidal. (Which is not the least bit amusing). I myself, am a very happy person, now. But I wasn't always this way, so I know both sides. Truce? :D

Back